Ask a question

No registration required

HELP REQUEST - I need to go back to stock

OP azt108

4th September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Would anyone from the NY area be willing to help me bring my phone back to stock (reset counter, remove safestrap, remove root etc.) Specs attached in the picture. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-04-13-40-34.png
Views:	65
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	2924598  
4th September 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

28 posts
More
Read this to go to stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279 Read that. It's how i always return to stock mk2. I use the 4 files one. Just unzip it and plug the files into Odin 3.09. Put phone into download mode and hit start on Odin. You do want to go to 4.3 stock right? Cause that's as far back as you can go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bweekzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweekzzz

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279 Read that. It's how i always return to stock mk2. I use the 4 files one. Just unzip it and plug the files into Odin 3.09. Put phone into download mode and hit start on Odin. You do want to go to 4.3 stock right? Cause that's as far back as you can go.

Thanks a ton. I effectively want my phone back as it came from the factory. I'm fine with 4.3 as long as I can update it after the restore to the latest stock firmware (via Kies or OTA). Also, would this remove SafeStrap? Thanks again...
4th September 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #4  

28 posts
More
Yes it will remove Safestrap. Your phone will be completely stock. Well, back to MK2. Have to set the whole thing up again too. Pain in the butt but oh well. LOL. If you need more help just ask. good luck.
4th September 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Yes it will remove Safestrap. Your phone will be completely stock. Well, back to MK2. Have to set the whole thing up again too. Pain in the butt but oh well. LOL. If you need more help just ask. good luck.

Thanks for your help, truly appreciate it. It will be my Sunday project!
4th September 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  

28 posts
More
No problem at all. We all need a little help sometimes. Sunday project? It will only take you about 1/2 hour at the most. And that's if you take a nap while odin is doing its thing. LOL. Again, good luck.
4th September 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,956

2,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azt108

Thanks a ton. I effectively want my phone back as it came from the factory. I'm fine with 4.3 as long as I can update it after the restore to the latest stock firmware (via Kies or OTA). Also, would this remove SafeStrap? Thanks again...

@azt108
U should download all the files first before u start your Sunday project.... plus if u are planning to update to 4.4 Kitkat Base NB1 or NC1 then just use my other files from this thread for an update http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667366... Goodluck with your project.

[IMG]i.imgur.com/U84i2gp.png[/IMG]
4th September 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa

@azt108
U should download all the files first before u start your Sunday project.... plus if u are planning to update to 4.4 Kitkat Base NB1 or NC1 then just use my other files from this thread for an update http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50667366... Goodluck with your project.

[IMG]i.imgur.com/U84i2gp.png[/IMG]

Why can't I restore to 4.3 then update via Kies/ OTA to KitKat? Or are you just giving me the option to restore to KitKat right away?
5th September 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #9  

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azt108

Why can't I restore to 4.3 then update via Kies/ OTA to KitKat? Or are you just giving me the option to restore to KitKat right away?

He's just trying to give you another option if your planning on updrading to nb1, nc1 anyway. Personally, I do it the way I told you. I've gotten fairly good at flashing roms and stuff, but not quite comfortable with some things, yet. I, personally, would just downgrade to mk2 and then kies/ota the rest of the way. You can always reroot with towelroot on nc1 if you want to root again. Especially if your not comfortable doing it the way Ted told you. Just like he told you though. Make sure you have all the files downloaded, drivers on your pc installed first, usb debuggin checked in developer otions though. I've never had a problem downgrading to mk2 with his post. Just follow the directions in post 2 of the link I gave you and you should be good. He has odin 1.85 in the instructions, but I use the latest odin 3.09 and put AP into PDA slot in odin. The rest in the corresponding slots. His files and instructions have helped save me from a lot of screw ups.
13th October 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thanks!!
Quote:

Just want to thank you again. I finally had some time to return back to stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread