List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more
Post Reply

[Q] Help stuck on "System Software not authrized by AT&T has been found on your phone

OP Psysora

24th August 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Well as the title says thats exactly what happened. It happened when I booted to recovery on Rashr recovery tools. Mistake on my part. I also know that there are similar threads, but I've already tried them out but they don't work for me. So I thought this would be the best way. The situation is well... its stuck on that error message. I tried to factory reset with ODIN but ODIN never detects my phone when I plug it in. I already tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Then i tried Kies, but no luck there either since I can't find the serial number on the back of the phone sticker nor on the box of the phone. Does this mean my phone is dead?
Last edited by Psysora; 24th August 2014 at 02:49 PM.
24th August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,282
 
12,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Odin will work. You just need to get it to recognize your device. You have a usb driver issue. You need to install the court drivers. Kies should have done that but it can get in the way of Odin. Uninstall kies but keep the drivers and try Odin again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Okay I uninstalled kies, and updated my drivers to 1.5.45 on the Samsung website, but Odin still doesn't detect it. I feel like I'm missing something.
24th August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,282
 
12,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psysora

Okay I uninstalled kies, and updated my drivers to 1.5.45 on the Samsung website, but Odin still doesn't detect it. I feel like I'm missing something.

Are you using Windows 8? You need to allow it to use unsigned drivers. Google how to do that if you do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Are you using Windows 8? You need to allow it to use unsigned drivers. Google how to do that if you do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

No, I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium.
24th August 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,282
 
12,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psysora

No, I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium.

With your device plugged into the pc, go to device manager. There's probably an exclamation mark on one of the usbs. That's the one having the issues. Right click on it and up date the driver. Go to where it say let me pick from a list on the computer. Pick the Samsung adb android interface, or something along those lines.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
24th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

With your device plugged into the pc, go to device manager. There's probably an exclamation mark on one of the usbs. That's the one having the issues. Right click on it and up date the driver. Go to where it say let me pick from a list on the computer. Pick the Samsung adb android interface, or something along those lines.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks a lot for the help, but oddly enough when I was about to try your idea i entered download mode to install a custom os. Of course
I didn't need to not I restarted my phone, and VIOLIA it works. Seriously what a turn of events. It now works perfectly. But, seriously thanks man, if that didn't happen just now I know for sure you would've helped me out and my phone would work. This was really just a shortcut if you think about it. Either way thanks a lot you were a great help.
24th August 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,282
 
12,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psysora

Thanks a lot for the help, but oddly enough when I was about to try your idea i entered download mode to install a custom os. Of course
I didn't need to not I restarted my phone, and VIOLIA it works. Seriously what a turn of events. It now works perfectly. But, seriously thanks man, if that didn't happen just now I know for sure you would've helped me out and my phone would work. This was really just a shortcut if you think about it. Either way thanks a lot you were a great help.

No problem, just glad it's working for you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes