Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hyperdrive Build Prop causing issues with Play Store

Tip us?
 
thatsmoothguy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Question [Q] Hyperdrive Build Prop causing issues with Play Store

Hey there,

So I just installed Hyperdrive 17.1 via Safestrap onto my AT&T Galaxy S4. Everything is going smoothly, except one key issue. The build prop is entirely Verizon based and that has somehow confused the Google Play Store into not allowing me to install the following apps I need and use:
  • Hello SMS
  • WhatsApp
  • AT&T Visual Voicemail
  • Starbucks
  • GoWallet

It says that these apps don't support my version of Android, which ostensibly is 4.4.2, but something in the build prop must be fooling the Play Store into thinking that it's incompatible.

So, I guess I should edit the build prop. I've looked in the Hyperdrive thread for someone who had the same problem as I did, to no avail. Then I tried to find a stock build prop for an AT&T GS4 running NC1, but to no avail. And besides, I'd rather just edit one entry if that would be easier and give me a better chance of solving the problem without bricking my phone. I believe the entry most likely to help me would be ro.build.description? What would that entry read on stock NC1?

Thanks for your help!
 
Frankenscript
Old
#2  
Frankenscript's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 188
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Indianapolis Metro
Try the AT&T build.prop/APN file found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=9

However, be aware that when I flashed that file over Hyperdrive 17.1, it interfered with Hyperdrive Tweaks (which would then force close when trying to open). I'm not sure if the dev has fixed that problem... I moved on to a different ROM because at the time there wasn't a known solution I could find to the "+ being added to incoming/outgoing calls" issue (app Prefixer seems to be the solution most commonly mentioned, now).

I encountered the same problems with downloading apps based on the phone identification that you are seeing, and I did change one build.prop item manually (I forget which one), but it wasn't enough to get the store to properly recognize the phone. I think there are a few of them that need to be changed, and I didn't invest time to figure it out.

You will probably fix it if you go through the ATT build.prop file line by line and adjust on your phone just the items that refer to phone model ID... that would probably not break Hyperdrive Tweaks.

Marc
Current Phone:
T-Mo M919 / MDL bootloader / NB4 modem baseband /
Getting Dirty with: Dirty Unicorns


Previous phone:
ATT I337 / NC1 / SafeStrap 3.72 / GoldenEye v36

Other:
ASUS TF701T (rooted stock 4.3)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (stock 4.2.2)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (SlimKat... awesome!)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes