[Q] Hyperdrive Build Prop causing issues with Play Store

7th August 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hey there,

So I just installed Hyperdrive 17.1 via Safestrap onto my AT&T Galaxy S4. Everything is going smoothly, except one key issue. The build prop is entirely Verizon based and that has somehow confused the Google Play Store into not allowing me to install the following apps I need and use:
  • Hello SMS
  • WhatsApp
  • AT&T Visual Voicemail
  • Starbucks
  • GoWallet

It says that these apps don't support my version of Android, which ostensibly is 4.4.2, but something in the build prop must be fooling the Play Store into thinking that it's incompatible.

So, I guess I should edit the build prop. I've looked in the Hyperdrive thread for someone who had the same problem as I did, to no avail. Then I tried to find a stock build prop for an AT&T GS4 running NC1, but to no avail. And besides, I'd rather just edit one entry if that would be easier and give me a better chance of solving the problem without bricking my phone. I believe the entry most likely to help me would be ro.build.description? What would that entry read on stock NC1?

Thanks for your help!
7th August 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis Metro
Thanks Meter: 43

205 posts
More
Try the AT&T build.prop/APN file found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=9

However, be aware that when I flashed that file over Hyperdrive 17.1, it interfered with Hyperdrive Tweaks (which would then force close when trying to open). I'm not sure if the dev has fixed that problem... I moved on to a different ROM because at the time there wasn't a known solution I could find to the "+ being added to incoming/outgoing calls" issue (app Prefixer seems to be the solution most commonly mentioned, now).

I encountered the same problems with downloading apps based on the phone identification that you are seeing, and I did change one build.prop item manually (I forget which one), but it wasn't enough to get the store to properly recognize the phone. I think there are a few of them that need to be changed, and I didn't invest time to figure it out.

You will probably fix it if you go through the ATT build.prop file line by line and adjust on your phone just the items that refer to phone model ID... that would probably not break Hyperdrive Tweaks.

Marc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread