Issue returning to stock

18th August 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Hi, guys, so I recently got a replacement for my GS4 and the model I got did not have functioning wifi.

I then left the country for a while so I was unable to send it in to be replaced.

I wasn't sure which firmware version was on the device before I tried fixing it.

I've tried all sorts of stuff, but I either get stuck on the ATT boot logo (wiping cache and factory reset did not fix it) or I run into the SW Rev Check Fail: fused: 5 Binary: 2 error.

Can someone please help?

Let me know what you need to help me out.

Thanks!!!
18th August 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,393

9,933 posts
The fused 5 tells me you're on a newer firmware version. I'd flash the nb1 tar file in Odin. See the general forum for it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

The fused 5 tells me you're on a newer firmware version. I'd flash the nb1 tar file in Odin. See the general forum for it

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out, downloading now, I should have an answer in 15 minutes or so.
18th August 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:

Okay, so I got the NB1 from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674223

The odin flash passed just fine - http://i.gyazo.com/59ba7f6a24a49d8e4af68f9c93914e34.png

On reboot, it hits the solid Samsung logo with a custom logo below it with the unlocked padlock.

Recovery won't boot, only download mode will, and it bootloops when trying to start up.

Further assistance required, please help!

Thanks!
18th August 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

9,933 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvolp12

Okay, so I got the NB1 from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674223

The odin flash passed just fine - http://i.gyazo.com/59ba7f6a24a49d8e4af68f9c93914e34.png

On reboot, it hits the solid Samsung logo with a custom logo below it with the unlocked padlock.

Recovery won't boot, only download mode will, and it bootloops when trying to start up.

Further assistance required, please help!

Thanks!

Are you can't get into recovery? Factory reset in recovery should get you past the boot loop.

18th August 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:

Are you can't get into recovery? Factory reset in recovery should get you past the boot loop.

Okay, so I got into recovery, did a factory reset, wiped cache, rebooted, and now It boots to the samsung animation, then the ATT animation, but the ATT animation freezes half way and won't boot.

What do I do now?

Thanks!
18th August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

9,933 posts
Quote:

Okay, so I got into recovery, did a factory reset, wiped cache, rebooted, and now It boots to the samsung animation, then the ATT animation, but the ATT animation freezes half way and won't boot.

What do I do now?

Thanks!

Give it more time the first boot after Odin will take time, give it at least 5 minutes

18th August 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:

Give it more time the first boot after Odin will take time, give it at least 5 minutes

HOLY CHRIST IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I've spent a total of 20 hours trying to fix this now, you, sir, are my hero, my brother will now have to bow down to my technological know-how (being able to ask for help after 18 hours of trying).

YUS!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!
18th August 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

9,933 posts
Quote:

HOLY CHRIST IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I've spent a total of 20 hours trying to fix this now, you, sir, are my hero, my brother will now have to bow down to my technological know-how (being able to ask for help after 18 hours of trying).

YUS!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Glad you got it working

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread