Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Links for Odin

Tip us?

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,810
Sorry for being blunt. But, I gave you a dl link in post 5. I extracted and opened it to the Odin screen. This is with Chrome on a highly secure company computer. No issues. So, I am confused on what else you want--

Forget about the links in the closed thread, it happens all the time.
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

Frankenscript
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by smock9 View Post
As I mentioned, when I did this, the the top result led to a download which triggered my antivirus as soon as it was unzipped.
I had d/led Odin 3.09 a while ago but forgot where I put it. I googled it recently and the first hit in google gave me the same antivirus warning. The second hit took me to one of those download pages where there's links to "Download" many things but were all crapware installers. One link said it would install Odin, and the file downloaded said it was odin, but it ran an installer that kept offering to install yet more crapware, and I had to keep unclicking the default crapware stuff like toolbars and such. Eventually it just exited without installing odin.

I then searched my hard drive and found where I had put it, a couple months ago...
Current Phone:
T-Mo M919 / MDL bootloader / NB4 modem baseband /
Getting Dirty with: Dirty Unicorns

Previous phone:
ATT I337 / NC1 / SafeStrap 3.72 / GoldenEye v36

Other:
ASUS TF701T (rooted stock 4.3)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (stock 4.2.2)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (SlimKat... awesome!)

smock9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenscript View Post
I had d/led Odin 3.09 a while ago but forgot where I put it. I googled it recently and the first hit in google gave me the same antivirus warning. The second hit took me to one of those download pages where there's links to "Download" many things but were all crapware installers. One link said it would install Odin, and the file downloaded said it was odin, but it ran an installer that kept offering to install yet more crapware, and I had to keep unclicking the default crapware stuff like toolbars and such. Eventually it just exited without installing odin.

I then searched my hard drive and found where I had put it, a couple months ago...
So why is Odin this way. Why isn't there a main site where new versions are released? Why does it have to be passed around on forums?

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 6th August 2014 at 03:20 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by smock9 View Post
So why is Odin this way. Why isn't there a main site where new versions are released? Why does it have to be passed around on forums?
Dude, don't download if you don't want to but it's what you need. Personally, I'd use v1.85. But I'm old school.
http://www.downloadodin.info/download-odin-1-85

I'd trust @rugmankc download. He's a great contributor to this forum.

Edit, Here's another source, searching is your friend http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39111722
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,810
One last thought--

Wow I had a bad day and it gets worse--

jd said google and learn--

1. Samsung releases Odin versions

2. They are many places-http://www.samsungodindownload.com/--just one--it is also has other useful downloads

3. No one has "responsibility" to post them--our devs give enough of themselves

4. You can always start a thread--there may even be one on xda
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,366
Just read the whole thread @jmjoyas also gave you a link. Another trusted source in this forum

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app