Post Reply

Prompt [Q] No GPS fix on any Android 4.4.2 ROM for the i337 AT&T SafeStraped with MK2 BL

OP djmisi99

30th June 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #1  
HI guys ( devs, users surfers alike),

I have an S4 i337 AT&T, with locked MK2 bootloader, been on Android 4.3 since i bought this phone online, and everything was working perfectly.
I had it SIM unlocked, rooted, SafeStrap-ed, custom ROMs running perfect on t...NO ISSUES!
Ever since I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 with Deadly Venom's Magic KitKat Tool,(installed the 4.4.2 Cutsom ROM, flashed the mldmodules.zip, flashed the superuser 2.00 zip, ODIN'd the AP, BL, CP tar files right away ...everything on any 4.4.2 ROM works perfect, except 1 major THING: ==> NO GPS fix, ever! ON any of the 4.4.2 ROMs...and I tried like 8 so far....
ANybody knows how to fix this issue? I mean, I travel a lot, I need to be able to use Google Maps, Sygic, CoPilot, OSMand+, and none of them get a GPS fix!!!!
I will attach pics one is with HyperDrive RLS15 ROM (Android 4.3) showing full GPS signals, the other is with SHOstock -i v7.0 ROM, no GPS signals at all...
There will be a screenshot of the "About Device" as well ... notice I am on the MLD baseband, since I have the MK2 locked bootloader...
What should I do, folks? Flash a different modem, module? WHICH exactly, is there any fix for the GPS signal on the 4.4.2 ROMs, because without it, being on 4.4.2 is useless... rather go back to Android 4.3 ...
Im sure lots of you guys on the i337 AT&T, rooted, SS'd, with the locked MK2 bootloader have figured out a solution to get a good GPS fix (signal) on the 4.4.2 ROMs ... somebody please send me a flashable zip solution, for us who have this issue.
BTW, I live in the heart of Budapest, Hungary, and not on some remote island, so I MUST HAVE tons of GPS signals coming in and floating around me, that "Location" is NOT the issue here ...as you could very well see from the screenshot where I do get lots of GPS signals when I am on Android 4.3....

THX in advance for any of you folks out there, who can provide us with a viable solution for this tiny, but MAJOR GPS issue on the 4.4.2 ROMs.
I await your kind replies.

\\// Peace out

AGPS (no GPS signal at all) http://i.imgur.com/w976miP.png
Stuck on WAITing for GPS signal http://i.imgur.com/hdllPaB.png
Stuck on WAITing for GPS signal ...Active Service) http://i.imgur.com/useqN4H.png
GPS fix (Works, on Android 4.3)"]http://i.imgur.com/2GNMCjc.png[/IMG]
My Device (S4 i337) http://imgur.com/JVIZsHb
Last edited by djmisi99; 30th June 2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: forgot the attached pics
30th June 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #2  
kevinco1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 77
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmisi99

HI guys ( devs, users surfers alike),

I have an S4 i337 AT&T, with locked MK2 bootloader, been on Android 4.3 since i bought this phone online, and everything was working perfectly.
I had it SIM unlocked, rooted, SafeStrap-ed, custom ROMs running perfect on t...NO ISSUES!
Ever since I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 with Deadly Venom's Magic KitKat Tool,(installed the 4.4.2 Cutsom ROM, flashed the mldmodules.zip, flashed the superuser 2.00 zip, ODIN'd the AP, BL, CP tar files right away ...everything on any 4.4.2 ROM works perfect, except 1 major THING: ==> NO GPS fix, ever! ON any of the 4.4.2 ROMs...and I tried like 8 so far....
ANybody knows how to fix this issue? I mean, I travel a lot, I need to be able to use Google Maps, Sygic, CoPilot, OSMand+, and none of them get a GPS fix!!!!
I will attach pics one is with HyperDrive RLS15 ROM (Android 4.3) showing full GPS signals, the other is with SHOstock -i v7.0 ROM, no GPS signals at all...
There will be a screenshot of the "About Device" as well ... notice I am on the MLD baseband, since I have the MK2 locked bootloader...
What should I do, folks? Flash a different modem, module? WHICH exactly, is there any fix for the GPS signal on the 4.4.2 ROMs, because without it, being on 4.4.2 is useless... rather go back to Android 4.3 ...
Im sure lots of you guys on the i337 AT&T, rooted, SS'd, with the locked MK2 bootloader have figured out a solution to get a good GPS fix (signal) on the 4.4.2 ROMs ... somebody please send me a flashable zip solution, for us who have this issue.
BTW, I live in the heart of Budapest, Hungary, and not on some remote island, so I MUST HAVE tons of GPS signals coming in and floating around me, that "Location" is NOT the issue here ...as you could very well see from the screenshot where I do get lots of GPS signals when I am on Android 4.3....

THX in advance for any of you folks out there, who can provide us with a viable solution for this tiny, but MAJOR GPS issue on the 4.4.2 ROMs.
I await your kind replies.

\\// Peace

I've had the same problem since I first upgraded to KitKat a few months back. I've tried every solution known to no avail. It's frustrating since turn by turn nav has always been a feature I've used a lot.

If anyone has any new ideas please let us know..
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinco1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinco1

I've had the same problem since I first upgraded to KitKat a few months back. I've tried every solution known to no avail. It's frustrating since turn by turn nav has always been a feature I've used a lot.

If anyone has any new ideas please let us know..

So you have the same issue... Turn-by turn NAV is awesome...only if we would get a fix on GPS on our Galaxy S4 i337 ...
FOr how long did you have 4.4.2 on ur phone?
30th June 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #5  
kevinco1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 77
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
I upgraded to 4.4.2 about 6 months ago. First installed 4.4.3 about 2 months ago and have been running 4.4.4 for a week now. I've installed just about every ROM available for the S4 and did all those fixes and installed GPS apps
30th June 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinco1

I upgraded to 4.4.2 about 6 months ago. First installed 4.4.3 about 2 months ago and have been running 4.4.4 for a week now. I've installed just about every ROM available for the S4 and did all those fixes and installed GPS apps


4.4.4 ROMs? Can you give me some examples, links to these? I would love to check them out. SO, do you have a working GPS fix in your phone, or no?
lemme know
2nd July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #7  
kevinco1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 77
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmisi99

4.4.4 ROMs? Can you give me some examples, links to these? I would love to check them out. SO, do you have a working GPS fix in your phone, or no?
lemme know

There are a few ROMs that have been updated to 4.4.4

Up until today I was running which just released an update to that version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767026

Anyone else have any ideas for this GPS issue??
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinco1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #8  
TransformixS4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 183
 
465 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
My GPS never locks on any Rom since 4.3 except for Hyperdrive 4.3/4.4.2.
What is so special in Hyperdrive? I copied Hyperdrive's GPS.conf and it didn't help.
Maybe Hyperdrives dev can tell us which GPS files he has in his ROM to put in our roms?
2nd July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #9  
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinco1

There are a few ROMs that have been updated to 4.4.4

Up until today I was running which just released an update to that version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767026

Anyone else have any ideas for this GPS issue??

THX for the links, I will stay on the best ROM there is: SHOstock's SHOstock-i v7.0 i337 XXUGNF1 4.4.2 ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468860)
It needed a couple reboots, and GPS works flawlesly ...so turn-by-turn navigation works, be that Google Maps, Sygic, OSMand, etc. ...
FOr those of you that it doesn't work, try flashing an earlier modem ( MK2, or MDL) from RockRatts forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496517)
If this helped you, hit THANKS, folks...not a big deal, ya know? Much appreciated

I'll attach some pix as proof that there is a very good GPS fix/signal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-11-48-46.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	2828740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-11-48-54.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	2828741  
3rd July 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
For those having gps problems give this app a try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=by.zatta.agps

It's always worked to get my gps going again when broken from flashing roms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, gps, i337 at&t, mk2 locked bootloader, safestrap
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes