Question [Q] Disabled *checkin, *gtalk previously, re-enabled *checkin services, no syncing?

OP bo8

14th July 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 29

135 posts
More
I disabled them as an effort to minimize wakelocks (similar to what is listed in this post)

It's definitely helped with getting better battery life but I prefer to have my email sync and LinkedIn sync back. They're all enabled but just don't sync unless I manually do it.

Can anyone advise? Screen caps of current enabled/disabled Google Services Framework attached

Edit: I've tried turning Sync off and turning back on, logging out and logging back in to the account, turning sync off and back on via the menu in Data Usage screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-14 09.23.53.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	2850737   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-14 09.24.16.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	2850738  
Last edited by bo8; 14th July 2014 at 04:29 PM.
16th July 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo8

I disabled them as an effort to minimize wakelocks (similar to what is listed in this post)

It's definitely helped with getting better battery life but I prefer to have my email sync and LinkedIn sync back. They're all enabled but just don't sync unless I manually do it.

Can anyone advise? Screen caps of current enabled/disabled Google Services Framework attached

Edit: I've tried turning Sync off and turning back on, logging out and logging back in to the account, turning sync off and back on via the menu in Data Usage screen

Sorry, those screenshots are slightly incorrect. I did in fact re-enable the *checkin receivers and have rebooted the phone but still no "real time" syncing happening with my Gmail app.
2nd September 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

135 posts
More
Finally revisited this as my phone is still unable to sync notifications in "real time" at all.

I'm finding that checking all the "checkin" services/receivers under Google Services Framework via ROM Toolbox does not actually keep them checked (confirmed via refresh).

Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
framework, google, kernel, wakelock
Previous Thread Next Thread