FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Please help me remove a few apps, Titanium backup is not working

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Damani311, Senior Member on 4th August 2014, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can't get rid of a few apps, tried force closing and then it won't give me an option to uninstall.

Also tried the recovery uninstall trick, didn't work...help!

4th August 2014, 06:03 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 4,639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311

Can't get rid of a few apps, tried force closing and then it won't give me an option to uninstall.

Also tried the recovery uninstall trick, didn't work...help!

First question are you rooted? Of so I use App Master Uninstaller from PlayStore works great even on system apps

"You stay classy San Diego" Sent from my ViSiX powered SG-G900A Rockin XKrome
4th August 2014, 06:04 PM |#3  
Flag Error 404 Location not found
Thanks Meter: 1,423

Donate to Me
More
You can try system app remover, you need to be rooted https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en.
And wrong section, next time you need to post in Q&A http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/help
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe-Tech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 06:24 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Tech

You can try system app remover, you need to be rooted https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en.
And wrong section, next time you need to post in Q&A http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/help

Thanks, yeah I got it installed. Can I uninstall the Gmail app or does it need it to login to my accounts and everything? It keeps opening itself and I never actually use Gmail so I want to know if I can delete it. And sorry it appears that I post every single post in the wrong thread somehow
4th August 2014, 06:38 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, yeah I got it installed. Can I uninstall the Gmail app or does it need it to login to my accounts and everything? It keeps opening itself and I never actually use Gmail so I want to know if I can delete it. And sorry it appears that I post every single post in the wrong thread somehow

I dont use the gmail app either, i use myMail, got all my emails in one app. Yes you can just remove it.
4th August 2014, 07:04 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Awesome thank you! One last quick question what app is it that is running this Google pictures thing, I don't see any specific app for a, the logo / icon says pictures, but I'm not sure what app it is but it's draining the heck out of my battery thanks
4th August 2014, 07:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Awesome thank you! One last quick question what app is it that is running this Google pictures thing, I don't see any specific app for a, the logo / icon says pictures, but I'm not sure what app it is but it's draining the heck out of my battery thanks
4th August 2014, 07:26 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Uncheck "Google photos" under setting/Sync/ your google account
5th August 2014, 12:42 AM |#9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Des Moines, IA
Thanks Meter: 2,558

More
Thread moved to Q&A where it should have been posted originally. OP - please check the rules link in my signature to familiarize yourself with the expectations of you as a member of the forum.

Carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchDogg54 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 06:59 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
The photos application will not stop opening itself even after the sink is stopped. & I can't find it on the list at all on the app remover, it's not a user app for a system app. Anyone know how to get rid of this please let me know
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)