Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [QP] Can I flash roms?

Tip us?

Soulflame22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] [QP] Can I flash roms?

Hi all, I am fairly new to this whole rooting process for android devices, since i have just recently purchased a galaxy s4 from at&t. Just a few days ago, i've decided to root my device, and after hours of researching i came across geohot's towelroot program and successfully rooted my GS4!. Now i want to install a custom rom, and i would like to know what kind of custom recovery can i use? and am i able to install the cyanogenmod 11? I have downloaded the cyanogenmod installer and it says my device is not supported, but i read on their wiki that i can install it manually but i don't know if my current build is supported by Clockworkmod, or even TWRP for that matter. I havn't flashed any roms by the way and i don't plan on doing so until i am almost certain that i can flash it without bricking.

I am running kitkat 4.4.2 Samsung SGH-I337, my baseband/build number is I337UCUFNC1

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 131
We have a locked bootloader. So, stock kernel and recovery cannot be replaced. The only recovery we have is safestrap.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
The Following User Says Thank You to jmjoyas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Soulflame22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ahh that sucks thanks for the info. Hopefully they will find a way to unlock it in the future so I can install the cyanogenmod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflame22 View Post
Ahh that sucks thanks for the info. Hopefully they will find a way to unlock it in the future so I can install the cyanogenmod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
Lots of info in General on what you can do--it is not too bad--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

Soulflame22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
Lots of info in General on what you can do--it is not too bad--
Yea, i will look in to it. But I am going to do more research before actually flashing a rom, Better safe than sorry haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Soulflame22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflame22 View Post
Yea, i will look in to it. But I am going to do more research before actually flashing a rom, Better safe than sorry haha

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer