OP tofast420

19th August 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brantford
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Donate to Me
More
hey i was look for a way to reset root directory to default... on my s4 SGH-i337m i think some how flashing roms and stuff put something in there the is messing with my sound... because no matter what i do i cant get t sound working right again... it always cuts out and stops working until i reboot my phone.. i have tried everything like 6-7 roms and 3-4 different full stock roms and multiple flashes in odin.. with stock roms

so in there anyway to reset the ROOT directory ware the esf,etc,firmware,firmware-mdm,lib,mnt,persdata,preload,root,sys,system,data, dev,cache, etc............

will flashing Pit file with odin do this?
if not what will plz help....
19th August 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis Metro
Thanks Meter: 49

218 posts
More
Messing with PIT files without full knowledge of what you are doing is one of the surest ways to bring the phone. Don't do it.

Flashing your firmware (as describe in the Return to Stock section of the All things ATT guide) and doing a factory data reset takes you to stock. Given your description I think you have a hardware problem. I also had sound issues that got worse the longer the phone was up. Rebooting didn't "fix it" but made it less extreme (I got weird distortion / crackling). Factory service was required.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread