Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 randomly bricked?

Tip us?

Garen21
Old
(Last edited by Garen21; 26th July 2014 at 12:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default S4 randomly bricked?

I was running Goldeneye 3x for a few weeks, and just last night, i started to get a few random reboots. I thought nothing of it, then this morning, my phone doesn't turn on. I thought okay dead battery, put it to charge, but nope, no led, no response from the phone. There is no button combination that gives me a response. The only thing that gives me a response is taking the battery out, putting it back in. It gives the Samsung logo with the unlocked lock symbol and "custom" under it, and after about 2 seconds, it goes dead again. Maybe its a dead battery? What are my options? What should I look into?

Thanks

edit: got a new battery from fry's today, no difference, still won't turn on and still getting the same response from the phone

guut13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garen21 View Post
I was running Goldeneye 3x for a few weeks, and just last night, i started to get a few random reboots. I thought nothing of it, then this morning, my phone doesn't turn on. I thought okay dead battery, put it to charge, but nope, no led, no response from the phone. There is no button combination that gives me a response. The only thing that gives me a response is taking the battery out, putting it back in. It gives the Samsung logo with the unlocked lock symbol and "custom" under it, and after about 2 seconds, it goes dead again. Maybe its a dead battery? What are my options? What should I look into?

Thanks
Since you can't get into safestrap, will it allow you to reboot into download mode? You could try ODIN back to stock?
ATT Galaxy S4 -- NC1 Base -- Safestrapped

Garen21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by guut13 View Post
Since you can't get into safestrap, will it allow you to reboot into download mode? You could try ODIN back to stock?
Nope, can't boot into download mode either

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garen21 View Post
Nope, can't boot into download mode either
I'd try another battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Garen21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I'd try another battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Ya that's what I'm planning on doing, just waiting to run into someone who has an S4 lol

Garen21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Could it be a broken power button (the internal button not the outside one)? or a messed up usb port? A different battery gave the same results as my original battery