Softbrick/hardbricked old phone, please help?

Search This thread

Absolutelylost

Aug 22, 2016
Hello everyone!
I'm a total newbie with rooting though not a total tech failure, and i figured since my old phone was basically sitting in a backpack doing nothing, well, you know.
So it's an AT&T SGH-I337 and after downloading the entire firmware set for 4.4.2, it didn't accept the writing through odin, and I feel royally foolish. I have no idea what I've done wrong, other than a vague sense that I loaded it up with the wrong rom while trying to root my device. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd certainly be thankful, this was supposed to become my new ipod.

Thanks in advance!

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
Hello everyone!
I'm a total newbie with rooting though not a total tech failure, and i figured since my old phone was basically sitting in a backpack doing nothing, well, you know.
So it's an AT&T SGH-I337 and after downloading the entire firmware set for 4.4.2, it didn't accept the writing through odin, and I feel royally foolish. I have no idea what I've done wrong, other than a vague sense that I loaded it up with the wrong rom while trying to root my device. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd certainly be thankful, this was supposed to become my new ipod.

Thanks in advance!
Could you tell us more about your phone like android version, bootloader version, baseband, modem , etc... so that we can direct you the correct route.
For SGH-i337, there is only one official firmware (4.2.2 MDL ) which was released in 2013. Where did you get the 4.4.2 firmware?