No sound during calls

Search This thread
Jun 3, 2012
Houston
So I know this problem has come up before. I've been researching threads but have had no luck fixing my problem.
The problem is, there is no sound during calls. Not for me or the person on the other side.
The "Call Connect" sound works. It bleeps when the phone connects but there's no ringing or anything like that.
I don't even get the "Please enter your password" dialog when dialing voicemail

I've got the AT&T i337 on OC3 rooted.
I have tried multiple Roms including flashing back to stock.
I have tried removing the Sim Card, SD card, battery and putting it all back.
Re-flashing the modem does nothing.
Whether I turn on or off speaker phone there's no change.

Although I have not done Sim card tests to see if it's the sim card or not.

But any help is appreciated

Update:
I flashed Aurora S6 with all the files I'd need to.
I then dialed my Voice mail and pressed the record button. Apparently the signal Is coming through. But it is not being relayed to the speaker as well as my voice is not being sent out. Does anyone know why this would happen? Or if there are any files that could be corrupted?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: dejavusac

dejavusac

Dec 19, 2015
So I know this problem has come up before. I've been researching threads but have had no luck fixing my problem.
The problem is, there is no sound during calls. Not for me or the person on the other side.
The "Call Connect" sound works. It bleeps when the phone connects but there's no ringing or anything like that.

Update:
I then dialed my Voice mail and pressed the record button. Apparently the signal Is coming through. But it is not being relayed to the speaker as well as my voice is not being sent out. Does anyone know why this would happen? Or if there are any files that could be corrupted?

Thanks
my phone is happened this error too. i try many method but hopeless
please everybody help it. :(

Jun 3, 2012
Houston
my phone is happened this error too. i try many method but hopeless
please everybody help it. :(

I have fixed my problem. It was a hardware issue.
There is an Audio chip in the motherboard that is dedicated to calls.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8PWlyPHLC...ng-galaxy-s4-audio-ic-check-for-repairing.jpg
The above link shows where the chip is. I read that if you place a piece of paper or something like that to put a bit of pressure on it, it may help with the problem
Luckily it worked for me.

Do this at your own risk.
I completely cracked the casing trying to get it open.

dejavusac

Dec 19, 2015
thank you very much. i did follow your method. but no successful. my case is cracked. beacause it is old.

i carried it to repair station. it is ok. then i flashed many custom rom. now it fail again. i must carry it repair station once more :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update:

Thanks