Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] switched to verizon

Tip us?

scrappy1959
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] switched to verizon

I recently switched to Verizon, my previous phone was a ATT Galaxy s4. Can I unlock the ATT galaxy s4 and have it work on Verizon network?

sikeward81
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy1959 View Post
I recently switched to Verizon, my previous phone was a ATT Galaxy s4. Can I unlock the ATT galaxy s4 and have it work on Verizon network?
Unfortunately no. AT&T has a completely locked bootloader from what I understand, and as of now can't be unlocked for use with another carrier.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeward81 View Post
Unfortunately no. AT&T has a completely locked bootloader from what I understand, and as of now can't be unlocked for use with another carrier.
Sim unlock and bootloader unlock are two entirely different things. You can sim unlock. You might have to buy a sim unlock code.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sikeward81
Old
(Last edited by sikeward81; 21st July 2014 at 02:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Sim unlock and bootloader unlock are two entirely different things. You can sim unlock. You might have to buy a sim unlock code.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
that's right! lol duh me. If i remember correctly you will need a sim unlock code...and to get that you have to have been an AT&T customer for I believe 90 days. Then just give them a call and request a code or do it online maybe.