Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] switched to verizon

OP scrappy1959

20th July 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mi
Thanks Meter: 5
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
I recently switched to Verizon, my previous phone was a ATT Galaxy s4. Can I unlock the ATT galaxy s4 and have it work on Verizon network?
21st July 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy1959

I recently switched to Verizon, my previous phone was a ATT Galaxy s4. Can I unlock the ATT galaxy s4 and have it work on Verizon network?

Unfortunately no. AT&T has a completely locked bootloader from what I understand, and as of now can't be unlocked for use with another carrier.
21st July 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,796
 
10,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeward81

Unfortunately no. AT&T has a completely locked bootloader from what I understand, and as of now can't be unlocked for use with another carrier.

Sim unlock and bootloader unlock are two entirely different things. You can sim unlock. You might have to buy a sim unlock code.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st July 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Sim unlock and bootloader unlock are two entirely different things. You can sim unlock. You might have to buy a sim unlock code.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

that's right! lol duh me. If i remember correctly you will need a sim unlock code...and to get that you have to have been an AT&T customer for I believe 90 days. Then just give them a call and request a code or do it online maybe.
Last edited by sikeward81; 21st July 2014 at 03:27 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes