Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,344 Members 46,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbrick hard bricked s4 with this method?

Tip us?
 
androidfine16
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 131
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Unbrick hard bricked s4 with this method?

hey guys my uncle bircked his s4 on NC1 and i dont have the means or money to try a jtag currently. He flashed the wrong bootloader or he tried to downgrade . all i know is that his defenatley hard bricked.His sending the device over in a week but do you guys thing i can use this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660566 to try and revive the phone. I remember previously using this to unbricked my hardbricked s3 after flashing an international rom on it which basically rendred it dead.


If so please let me knoe how i can go about it.
 
jd1639
Old
#2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Posts: 9,848
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Does the device turn on at all?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
androidfine16
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 131
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Does the device turn on at all?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
No nothing the device is dead cold

***he sent the phone early so i have it
 
jd1639
Old
#4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Posts: 9,848
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfine16 View Post
No nothing the device is dead cold

***he sent the phone early so i have it
I'm sure you're sol. Jtag is your option. Look up mobiletechvideos.com

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
androidfine16
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 131
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I'm sure you're sol. Jtag is your option. Look up mobiletechvideos.com

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
So how about the method above since they are all qualcom snapdragon builds maybe there's an exploit here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 31st August 2014 at 02:05 PM.)
#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Posts: 9,848
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfine16 View Post
So how about the method above since they are all qualcom snapdragon builds maybe there's an exploit here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I suppose at this time it wouldn't hurt to try but it looks like the phone has to at least try to boot for It to work. You'll also need another working s4 to run the dd command on to pull the image file off of

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
androidfine16
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 131
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I suppose at this time it wouldn't hurt to try but it looks like the phone has to at least try to boot for It to work. You'll also need another working s4 to run the dd command on to pull the image file off of

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Ughh do you think you can give me the image please I only have one s4 lol I gave the other to my son after I found out it wasn't bootloader un locked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes