Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped

Tip us?

judzilla
Old
(Last edited by judzilla; 24th August 2014 at 04:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped

I've been having problems with my phone lately. I was running fine using a rom and started getting the message "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped". I went through and formatted everything installed DirtyUnicorn as a rom and tried again. Same error. I've formatted the internal SD card and every cache that the forums have said to. I was fine for a week and now the same error has come up.

The phone screen will not light up after the screen shuts off after boot though the menu buttons still will. Does anyone have any ideas?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,345
Try a different rom, or best, stock and see if you still have the problem. I'm guessing it's a rom issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Frankenscript
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by judzilla View Post
I've been having problems with my phone lately. I was running fine using a rom and started getting the message "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped". I went through and formatted everything installed DirtyUnicorn as a rom and tried again. Same error. I've formatted the internal SD card and every cache that the forums have said to. I was fine for a week and now the same error has come up.

The phone screen will not light up after the screen shuts off after boot though the menu buttons still will. Does anyone have any ideas?
Google+ changed something. I had DU running fine, then G+ updated, then I got this error. Required a pretty serious set of wipes and reinstalls to get it back.

DU has an 8/12 build that works around the problem.

Marc
Current Phone:
T-Mo M919 / MDL bootloader / NB4 modem baseband /
Getting Dirty with: Dirty Unicorns

Previous phone:
ATT I337 / NC1 / SafeStrap 3.72 / GoldenEye v36

Other:
ASUS TF701T (rooted stock 4.3)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (stock 4.2.2)
SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 WiFi (SlimKat... awesome!)