Storage

[Q] Disable USB data/enable fast charge mode

28th August 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 7

20 posts
Hello,

When I plug my phone into a computer, it automatically enables data sharing either via MTP or PTP. I have no option to NOT share with the computer (or device) that I'm plugged into. For security reasons, I want USB to be in charge-only mode unless I specifically select a data sharing mode. My older Android phones used to work this way, but it seems that someone in their infinite wisdom decided to remove this critical functionality. Is there any way to restore it?

Currently, I am using a power-only USB cable to achieve this, but it is only a workaround and doesn't address the bigger problem. Frankly, I find it a little ridiculous that I can encrypt the device, but anyone can just plug a USB cable into my phone and grab whatever they want off the phone.

I've read that something like this can be achieved by forcing the kernel into Fast Charge mode, but I wasn't able to find much information on this, and I'm not sure if it's even possible to do on the Stock i337 TW kernel. Any help is appreciated.

Phone specs: i337z KK 4.4.2 SHOStock SS ROM

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charge only, disable usb, fast charge
Previous Thread Next Thread