Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] poor video quality when uploading videos to facebook

Tip us?

SEscobedo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] poor video quality when uploading videos to facebook

I have my S4 settings all the way to the max for video recording and I'm using the newest version of CleanROM. They look great on my phone but the video quality looks poor on Facebook after uploading. Do the video files need to be recorded in a specific format to upload with the best settings? Has anybody else had or have this issue? I have the same issue no matter what ROM I use.

kevp75
Old
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
its probably not an issue with your device but more facebooks issue

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0.1 S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Rockin' it from my Vision-X N3 US on My Note 3

Check me out online @ http://kevin.pirnie.us

Pika71
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Cool nothing permitting facebook...

facebook does not allow that, greetings

SEscobedo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
My Father In Law has a iPhone 5S and his videos are uploaded to FB just fine and have good quality. I think it's the compression being used when it first is recorded. I read somewhere that FB works best with H.264 so I was wondering what compression the S4 uses.

jadeojellav
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Facebook Video Upload Poor Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEscobedo View Post
I have my S4 settings all the way to the max for video recording and I'm using the newest version of CleanROM. They look great on my phone but the video quality looks poor on Facebook after uploading. Do the video files need to be recorded in a specific format to upload with the best settings? Has anybody else had or have this issue? I have the same issue no matter what ROM I use.
I am having the same issues. I've checked my video files and it's .mp4. I will try converting to H.264 and see if this works.