Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No WiFi on Hyperdrive 17.1 with MDL

Tip us?

beefwilliams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No WiFi on Hyperdrive 17.1 with MDL

Still one of the lucky ones with MDL on my S4. I flashed the 17.1 Hyperdrive today, but it wont allow me to turn on my WiFi. I see in the forums where other users are flashing specific modules, but not sure that is what I need for MDL. I cant find anything that give me suggestions on what to do to get it back if I don't have safestrap. Any suggestions?

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefwilliams View Post
Still one of the lucky ones with MDL on my S4. I flashed the 17.1 Hyperdrive today, but it wont allow me to turn on my WiFi. I see in the forums where other users are flashing specific modules, but not sure that is what I need for MDL. I cant find anything that give me suggestions on what to do to get it back if I don't have safestrap. Any suggestions?
The modules zip contains the "/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko" and "/system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko" files required for the wifi to work. These files should match the kernel that is on the phone.

Since you have MDL, you could be having a custom kernel. If so, you could get these from a ROM that uses the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmjoyas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beefwilliams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
The modules zip contains the "/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko" and "/system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko" files required for the wifi to work. These files should match the kernel that is on the phone.

Since you have MDL, you could be having a custom kernel. If so, you could get these from a ROM that uses the kernel.
I came from GE35, so I had flashed the kernel GoogyMax 1.0.9 kernel. I didn't see any kernels that supported the latest 17.1 on the hyperdrive post, is there a specific one that i should flash to get the proper module files for the wifi to work properly?

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefwilliams View Post
I came from GE35, so I had flashed the kernel GoogyMax 1.0.9 kernel. I didn't see any kernels that supported the latest 17.1 on the hyperdrive post, is there a specific one that i should flash to get the proper module files for the wifi to work properly?
If wifi worked with GE35 and GoogyMax 1.0.9 kernel, then you can replace the mentioned files ("/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko" and "/system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko" ) on the phone with the ones from GE35. That should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmjoyas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beefwilliams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas View Post
If wifi worked with GE35 and GoogyMax 1.0.9 kernel, then you can replace the mentioned files ("/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko" and "/system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko" ) on the phone with the ones from GE35. That should work.
Thanks! I reinstalled the kernel and that fixed my issue.