Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] no wifi rooted at&t S4 4.4.2 NB1

OP maleko808

20th August 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,940

11,277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLY DRAGONMIKE

So I need to install Safestrap. I heard with my s4 being MDF , it would damage it. I could be wrong and if so cool. Just let me know no probs.

What's mdf?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
MDF Reply
Security software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2
20th August 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #13  

18 posts
MDF Reply
Here is a screenshot of where I'm talking about. Oh and Safe strap 3.72 is installed perfectly thank you so very much for that. Your awesome. And a lot of people are saying when you reboot and it shows the "Safestrap is disabled" screen you can't get back into it. I did just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MDF SHOT.png
Views:	58
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	2904462  
Last edited by ONLY DRAGONMIKE; 20th August 2014 at 04:02 AM.
20th August 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

11,277 posts
Quote:

Here is a screenshot of where I'm talking about.

You're on nb1 firmware, safestrap is ok

20th August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #15  

18 posts
NB1 discussion
Ok , well I honestly appreciate your help with this. With this setup can I install any ROMs at all? Am I limited to certain ones or can I install any compatible ones for my model? I know sometimes when your on a certain stock ROM your stuck with only like certain types. Like Paranoid or whatever it is, and a few others.
20th August 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

11,277 posts
Quote:

Ok , well I honestly appreciate your help with this. With this setup can I install any ROMs at all? Am I limited to certain ones or can I install any compatible ones for my model? I know sometimes when your on a certain stock ROM your stuck with only like certain types. Like Paranoid or whatever it is, and a few others.

You can not install any roms. The i337 on any firmware higher than mdl can only flash touch wiz based roms. See the index, all things at&t.... for roms that are compatible.

22nd August 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 82

84 posts
More
Wink This mini-guide should work!
The problem is, in order to get WiFi working, you need to install the NB1 modules, but to do that, you need to install Safestrap. However, you can not install Safestrap because the app keeps closing on you. There is a simple fix to this, which I will explain later. For now, just read this WHOLE post BEFORE you do anything, and keep in mind that I am NOT held liable if you mess up your phone. Use this at your own risk.

1.) Root your phone

If you're already rooted with something like SuperSU or Superuser, skip this. If not, read ahead. Download and install the Towelroot APK file attached to this post, open it, and click 'make it ra1n'. If your phone didn't reboot, now you have root (they need to trademark that). Now, down below, I also included the APK for SuperSU. Download and install it. Now open it. When you open it, let it install the 'Normal' way, not via the 'TWRP/CWM' way. Also, when it asks you to disable KNOX, say yes, wait a couple of minutes (it will still be loading) and reboot your phone. Open up SuperSU again, click 'Yes' to disable KNOX again, and now you have a good base to start from.

2.) Install Safestrap AFTER fixing the error

The error your are getting is easily fixed. Go to the Play Store and install 'SELinux Mode Changer'. Open it, grant it root access, and change the mode to 'Permissive'. Now, open up Safestrap again (you mentioned you already installed it), and it shouldn't force close. Click 'Install', and if the 'Reboot to Recovery' option below is not grayed out after that then it worked.

3.) Download and install the NB1 modules

On your phone, download the included NB1 modules ZIP file I attached for you, and once that is done you need to reboot. After the Galaxy S4 logo, you'll see a screen that says 'SAFESTRAP: DISABLED' and there will be a little robot. TIP: To enter Safestrap, press the menu button (physical, hardware key) under 'Recovery' at that screen. To continue to Android, press the back key (again, physical) under the 'System' tab. For now, press the menu button under 'Recovery'. Now, click 'Install' which should be in red, click 'Add zips', and navigate to your Downloads folder. Now click on the NB1 modules ZIP you just downloaded. Swipe to install, and reboot. This time, hit the back key under 'System'.

All done!

Now, Android should (and will) boot up, and you'll have working WiFi! If, for some odd reason, you don't have WiFi- do NOT panic! Just search around for the MF3 modules and flash those! All is good, all is good. A lot of this guide was taken from my post about my personal method of SIM unlocking the AT&T Galaxy S4 without the dialer codes or an AT&T SIM. It was just modified a little to work for you.

Remember, hit thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ATT_NB1_modules.zip - [Click for QR Code] (406.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: apk tr_1_.apk - [Click for QR Code] (110.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: apk eu.chainfire.supersu.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.23 MB, 12 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread