[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] TWRP [S4 mini] v3.2.0-1 | Updated 2017-12-06

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Guess I wasn't being clear about the 'EFS'. People want to backup the EFS mostly for the IMEI, serial, etc. But on S4 mini the IMEI is stored beyond the simple NV.DAT under the EFS folder. Guess they either try to protected it hard from being corrupt or changed. Either all EFS folder backup isn't sufficient any more for IMEI backup. I've already messed up my serial when trying F4k's early Slimkat build, which I could easily restore the serial on the S3 but not the S4 mini...

To conclude, it quite defeat the purpose of having a 'EFS' backup.

Okay ! Thanks to you for the explanation because i was totally un-aware of that :confused:

Have a nice evening ;)

Tapatalked from my TF701T

E:V:A

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
Version Information
Current Stable Version: RC1
Stable Release Date: 2014-03-11
Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2014-04-23

What is the purpose of this thread?

I think it is very confusing to people to start new threads about, what appears, to be the exact same thing that already exists.

[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery 2.7.0.0 for GT-I9195 [2014-03-16]

Did I miss something? If you're just providing a link to the DEV version, you could have done this in the other thread.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
What is the purpose of this thread?

I think it is very confusing to people to start new threads about, what appears, to be the exact same thing that already exists.

[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery 2.7.0.0 for GT-I9195 [2014-03-16]

Did I miss something? If you're just providing a link to the DEV version, you could have done this in the other thread.

Hi, yes you are missing something : you just forgot to say hello !

Well... that is not because you are thinking that people are confused with threads that seem to be the same that they really are... confused !

FYI and like i wrote it down in post 1, i've started compiling this TWRP build for myself with SlimKAT ROM i've ported to GT-I9195; i've started to share both, recovery first, then ROM... just to share ! I have no other purpose here since i'm a little busy these days !

Now let me ask you a simple question...

What is your real purpose here for posting such statement ?

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: spanish33 and E:V:A

spanish33

May 26, 2012
Port of Spain
OnePlus 8
Getting error 'couldn't save screenshot storage maybe in use' with latest stable and dev build don't know if it is recovery or rom related.
Can anyone verify? Take a screen shot via power button or power plus volume down combination
Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Getting error 'couldn't save screenshot storage maybe in use' with latest stable and dev build don't know if it is recovery or rom related.
Can anyone verify? Take a screen shot via power button or power volume down combination

Well, FYI the 'take a screenshot' from recovery feature is ONLY available through the DEV branch... With that said, if you have a microSD card inserted into your device, screenshots will be saved to it into 'Pictures/Screenshots' directory when pressing 'vol. down' + 'power' hardware buttons : i can confirm that it is perfectly working using a microSD unless it is not full; but if you do not have a microSD inserted into your device, then screenshots will be saved to '/tmp' from internal storage ;)

And i remind you that since this feature is available through the DEV branch, it is because the regarding commit was not merged at build date so it may not be 100% stable...

Best regards

spanish33

May 26, 2012
Port of Spain
OnePlus 8
Well, FYI the 'take a screenshot' from recovery feature is ONLY available through the DEV branch... With that said, if you have a microSD card inserted into your device, screenshots will be saved to it into 'Pictures/Screenshots' directory when pressing 'vol. down' + 'power' hardware buttons : i can confirm that it is perfectly working using a microSD unless it is not full; but if you do not have a microSD inserted into your device, then screenshots will be saved to '/tmp' from internal storage ;)

And i remind you that since this feature is available through the DEV branch, it is because the regarding commit was not merged at build date so it may not be 100% stable...

Best regards

Yes it works in recovery but I am talking about taking a screenshot when you boot the phone to android os.

I asked because looking up the issue says it could be the recovery so I want to know if you have this issue or not so I can rule the recovery out.

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Yes it works in recovery but I am talking about taking a screenshot when you boot the phone to android os.

I asked because looking up the issue says it could be the recovery so I want to know if you have this issue or not so I can rule the recovery out.

Okay, i am running SlimKAT build 4.6 on my S4 mini LTE and i have no issue for taking screenshots from inside Android... with TWRP from the DEV branch installed as recovery ;)

Regards

Reactions: spanish33

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Did the i9190 version not work out? I have been waiting for it in flashable zip format to try out...

ATM it seems it's not working and that is surprising me a little bit... one user reported back so far and it was not properly booting on his device sadly...

But when i'll get some free time left, i'll re-work on it for sure ;)

There is a flashable .zip for it available for download a few posts ago BTW... you can try it out if you want to but you can also wait for the next pre-release ;) (no ETA at this time...)

Best regards

Sent from my GT-I9195

Phenom2122

Mar 10, 2014
Cape Town
ATM it seems it's not working and that is surprising me a little bit... one user reported back so far and it was not properly booting on his device sadly...

But when i'll get some free time left, i'll re-work on it for sure ;)

There is a flashable .zip for it available for download a few posts ago BTW... you can try it out if you want to but you can also wait for the next pre-release ;) (no ETA at this time...)

Best regards

Sent from my GT-I9195

Thanks I cannot find the zip but have downloaded the md5 and will try it later. If it doesn't work then I will need to use Odin anyway. The main reason I would like to see this on this for the i9190 is that it is actively updated and includes a file manager. Aroma file manager for Philz Touch has one VERY annoying bug and I haven't seen a single update for it since I got my phone :/

P.S. I can't remember if I tried your version or the other one but a while ago I tried out TWRP by modifying the updater-script and it successfully booted. So I don't see why it wouldn't. The only problem I had with it then was that it would only let me install zips for the i9195.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

@ne0zone75 - apologies for the double post, maybe this information can help you. I can confirm your i9190 md5 does not work. Then I just tried out your latest i9195 flashable zip and it definitely works.

Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Thanks I cannot find the zip but have downloaded the md5 and will try it later. If it doesn't work then I will need to use Odin anyway. The main reason I would like to see this on this for the i9190 is that it is actively updated and includes a file manager. Aroma file manager for Philz Touch has one VERY annoying bug and I haven't seen a single update for it since I got my phone :/

P.S. I can't remember if I tried your version or the other one but a while ago I tried out TWRP by modifying the updater-script and it successfully booted. So I don't see why it wouldn't. The only problem I had with it then was that it would only let me install zips for the i9195.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

@ne0zone75 - apologies for the double post, maybe this information can help you. I can confirm your i9190 md5 does not work. Then I just tried out your latest i9195 flashable zip and it definitely works.

Okay, thanks for reporting back :good:

You will be informed about my next TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release ASAP when it will become available for download...

About the behavior of my current recovery for GT-I9190... can you provide a detailed description of what is not working please... it will help me a lot because i do not own such a device BUT a GT-9195...

Thanks ;)

Kind regards

Sent from my GT-I9195

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release... part II

Did the i9190 version not work out? I have been waiting for it in flashable zip format to try out...

Good morning ;)

Please find as an attachement to this post a newly built TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release as a .tar.md5 zipped file... please flash it through Odin AND if you do have any issue with it please give me feedback about it... thank you !

You could check this if you want to :

-> Is it properly booting to recovery UI ?
-> If you are stucked into the TWRP UI, is it a hang or something else (in this case, when 'freezed', plug your device to your computer through USB and check if you have adb connectivity from your computer to your device by typing this from inside a terminal : 'sudo adb devices' on Linux -> if it returns something then the recovery is 'freezed' but not hanged which means that the recovery system is alive...)
-> If everything seems to be working and if you have some free time to spend on it, then it would be great if you could perform a quick review of its features... :good: ;)

It has been compiled along with CyanogenMod 11.0 (stable branch) and includes all TWRP merged commits at build date from OmniROM sources tree...

Attachments

• CUSTOM_TWRP_JB_KK_v2.7_I9190.tar.md5.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Phenom2122

Phenom2122

Mar 10, 2014
Cape Town
Good morning ;)

Please find as an attachement to this post a newly built TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release as a .tar.md5 zipped file... please flash it through Odin AND if you do have any issue with it please give me feedback about it... thank you !

You could check this if you want to :

-> Is it properly booting to recovery UI ?
-> If you are stucked into the TWRP UI, is it a hang or something else (in this case, when 'freezed', plug your device to your computer through USB and check if you have adb connectivity from your computer to your device by typing this from inside a terminal : 'sudo adb devices' on Linux -> if it returns something then the recovery is 'freezed' but not hanged which means that the recovery system is alive...)
-> If everything seems to be working and if you have some free time to spend on it, then it would be great if you could perform a quick review of its features... :good: ;)

It has been compiled along with CyanogenMod 11.0 (stable branch) and includes all TWRP merged commits at build date from OmniROM sources tree...

Working 100% so far. Terminal emulator works, file manager works, saved preferences stick, I made a backup, wiped my phone, restored the backup and it all works.
The problem with the original one was that it would never boot up, it just stuck at that black and white 'Samsung' screen. This time it boots up in a matter of seconds.
My day has just begun here so I will test installing a zip and some themes in a little while but so far 100% :)

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Working 100% so far. Terminal emulator works, file manager works, saved preferences stick, I made a backup, wiped my phone, restored the backup and it all works.
The problem with the original one was that it would never boot up, it just stuck at that black and white 'Samsung' screen. This time it boots up in a matter of seconds.
My day has just begun here so I will test installing a zip and some themes in a little while but so far 100% :)

Well... first of all thank you a lot for having spent some of your free time reviewing it :good: Your feedback is very precious for me ;)

Now that it is confirmed that this TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release build is working, it should work as well as the GT-I9195 variant, which means that everything should be running like it is intented... AND because of the fact that from a sources point of view there is really a few amount of specific code for LTE & 3G variants (the main sources part is shared for the two devices into a common sources tree... only the kernel of course is different !).

With that said it's seems logical that the pre-release your are reviewing is running well because the LTE variant one is working perfectly BUT it also means that i really do not have a clue about what was wrong with the initial TWRP for GT-I9190 pre-release which was not working at all !

Anyway, later today i will release on post 1 of this thread, along with new builds for the LTE variant, STABLE & DEV builds for the 3G variant : one from the STABLE branch that will be the one your are currently reviewing while the one from the DEV branch will feature the 'take a screenshot' from recovery preview and will be a very few commits behind the one from the STABLE branch :victory : good:

Very nice Sunday to every one of you :D

Sent from my TF701T

Reactions: vriz27

Phenom2122

Mar 10, 2014
Cape Town
No, thank you for bringing this to our devices. It helps all of us to have things that work correctly and now thanks to you our possibilities have increased :)
Can confirm that a zip file installs correctly and themes are working correctly. Now I can successfully work with my files from recovery without the danger of Aroma corrupting something :)

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP for GT-I9195 update + NEW TWRP for GT-I9190 release !

Hello all, a TWRP update for GT-I9195 and a brand new TWRP for GT-I9190, both from the STABLE branch are now available for download :victory: :good:

Dev-Host download links are all updated on post 1 AND all new files are also available from the downloads tab on this project ;)

All the best :D

PS : Special thanks to every early tester of the brand new TWRP for GT-I9190 build :good: ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for S4 mini (GT-I9190 + GT-I9192 + GT-I9195)
    v3.2.0-1 (STABLE)
    + v3.2.0-0 (TRYOUTs)

mnkt.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. TWRP also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

TeamWin was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After their work on the EVO 4G they wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and they settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damage you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & OmniROM teams (TWRP tree).
    -> CyanogenMod team (ROM + device + kernel trees).
    -> @k2wl (DS device tree).
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree).

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @F4k (for helping me a lot).
    -> @Dees_Troy (for sharing some of his knowledge with me).
    -> @arco68 (for helping me to restore the brightness control and crypto. features).
    -> @thomson.aa (for sharing one way to fix TWRP booting process for S4 mini).
    -> @alexax66 (for sharing early GT-I9192 TWRP builds which were based off one of mine).
    -> @Xmaster24 (screenshots).
    -> @noppy22 for testing crypto. features out.

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download the 7zipped .tar.md5 file of your choice below, then flash it through Odin (windows OS).
    => Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file of your choice below and flash it from recovery as usual.

BIG ORANGE WARNING : if you are coming from regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, then please do prefer the Odin way ! Thank you !

QUICK ODIN HOWTO : assuming that your Odin installation for S4 mini is OK (thanks @arco68 for this) !
    1. Turn your device OFF.
    2. Press AND hold 'PWR' + 'VOL. DOWN' + 'HOME' buttons.
    3. Connect your USB cable and press 'VOL. UP' button to confirm that you want to enter into DL mode.
    4. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click 'AP' button.
    5. Select my 'recovery.tar.md5' file that you previously extracted from my 7zip archive and press 'Start' button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    6. When the phone begins to vibrate just before rebooting : IMMEDIATELY press and hold 'VOL. UP' + 'HOME' buttons to boot straightly into your new recovery. <= THIS LAST STEP IS NEEDED ONLY ON SOME S4 MINI DEVICES TO ACHIEVE THE FLASHING PROCESS SUCCESSFULLY.

DOWNLOADS :
    • => STABLE branch : (NEW) 1 version per device built for stability, full crypto. support for both EXT4 and F2FS (fixed with @arco68 help, thanks !)... EXT4+F2FS; built along with LOS's NOUGAT ROM tree !
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (3G variant AKA GT-I9190) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (DS variant AKA GT-I9192) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery

BIG ORANGE WARNING : please be aware that this build is failing with LOS''s recovery updating feature ATM...

• => DEV branch : no files ATM..., should be as stable as the regular one...

• => TRYOUTs : v3.2.0-0 (NEW) NEED TESTING !!! => see post #1582 for details...

TWRP CHANGELOG : please look at post #2

INFO : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT.

NOTE : i've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! Feel free to report back... Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for S4 mini is available as three separate download categories : STABLE, DEV & TRYOUTS ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream not merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...​

Happy flashing !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for S4 mini (3G/DS/LTE) [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    ne0zone75, arco68, jason972000, thomson.aa + alexax66
    Source Code: https://github.com/ne0zone75

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: STABLE
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-06
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUTs
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-03

Created 2014-03-11
    Last Updated 2017-12-06
    TWRP for S4 mini is updated : v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs

Hello,

You will find new flashable ZIPs below :

Cheers and please do not forget to report back about them, thanks !

EDIT : i will flag v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs as STABLE very soon... OP will be updated and Odin ready archives will be released in addition to current flashable ZIPs.
    ? v3.1.0-0 is OUT !

Hello,

New installers are available now over AFH. It should work as great as v3.0.3-3 ? . Foreign languages availability and NTFS support for removable storage are still disabled in order to meet recovery image size requirement. That's it !

-> 'Odin' ready files
    3G | DS | LTE

-> flashable ZIPs
    3G | DS | LTE

Enjoy ?

Tapatalked from my OnePlus 3
    TWRP v3.0.0-0 TRYOUTS for S4 mini are now out !

Good afternoon,

You will find updated builds to latest TWRP for S4 mini below (v3.0.0-0) : they are TRYOUTS ! They will maybe not boot because i tried to restore the brightness control feature which was causing a kernel panic. Anyway new builds are compiling ATM without it and they should be OK...

3G | DS | LTE <= with brightness control feature : UPDATED AND NEEDING FEEDBACK !

3G | DS | LTE <= without brightness control feature : ALREADY REPORTED AS WORKING BUT STILL NEEDING FEEDBACK !

Let me know how it goes with them...

PS : Files above are made to be flashed from current recovery. Flash at your own risk ! Once new files will be reported as working as they should, i will also add Odin ready packages. Please keep a copy of a STABLE Odin ready file for your device if you want to test above files out : if the updated recovery is not booting, then simply flash back previous version (v2.8.7.0) through Odin. Thank you !
    Reserved

TWRP CHANGELOG
    (grabbed from official TeamWin website)​

v3.0.0
    • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    • Update AOSP base to 6.0
    • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

v3.0.1
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

v3.0.2
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.

v3.0.3
    N/A

v3.1.0
    • vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
    • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

v3.1.1
    • Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    • Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    • Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

v3.2.0
    • Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    • Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    • Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    • Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    • Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    • Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    • Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    • v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    • Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    • Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks