[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] TWRP [S4 mini] v3.2.0-1 | Updated 2017-12-06

Search This thread

davispuh

Mar 19, 2014
Salaspils
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Ok i found a little bug
[...] i tried to reboot the phone in twrp. it asked me if i wanna install super su, i clicked no, and nothing happened. tried clicking it like 30 times, nothing. Then i held down the power button and restarted the phone. everything other seems to work ok. :)

I can confirm this, "Do Not Install" for SuperSU doesn't work...

there's also another bug that when you select ADB Sideload it uses VID_18D1&PID_D001 for USB product instead of VID_18D1&PID_4EE2 and thus there's no driver for it in Windows. I guess it comes from Team-Win-Recovery-Project/etc/init.rc#44 (I saw it's changed in latest android-5 branches so updating to that might fix this)

Reactions: ne0zone75

nickbike

Jun 2, 2013
Montreal
i257M aka s4 mini

i've used this version (2.8.5) and observed an improvement in some functions, but had severe problems with restoration of back-up... it's restoring with errors, had to install a lower version (2.7.1) to correctly restore a back-up, thank God it accepted the back-up made by 2.8.5 version....

2.7.1 saved me from restoring all things manually....

don't what's wrong with this versions, but the I257M owners: be careful , !!!!

hope it will be resolved in future

Reactions: ne0zone75

lebobo

Jul 18, 2009
Liège
New version 2.8.6.0

A new version is out on the official website. Could you please port this new version to be compatible with our S4 mini devices ?

FYI : what’s new in 2.8.6.0:
Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
Keyboard improvements (_that)
Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
A new version is out on the official website. Could you please port this new version to be compatible with our S4 mini devices ?

FYI : what’s new in 2.8.6.0:
Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
Keyboard improvements (_that)
Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

Good morning,

I will try to post updates to this project as soon as i can : ATM i have no time to do this but i will keep you all informed about the situation...

Kind regards

Tapatalked from my D821

zwok985

Apr 22, 2015
Great !

Hi. TWRP is really much much better than CWM, from which I flashed the zip on my i9195. It worked perfectly. Thanks ! :)

eltonpestana

May 5, 2012
Matinhos
ASUS ROG Phone II
hi

I have a lot of problem with twrp... My backups doest work... i wanna go install new rom i have one restart and back to twrp :(:(:( I want flash philz-touch.zip i have again restart and back twrp

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Hi. TWRP is really much much better than CWM, from which I flashed the zip on my i9195. It worked perfectly. Thanks ! :)

:)

I have a lot of problem with twrp... My backups doest work... i wanna go install new rom i have one restart and back to twrp :(:(:( I want flash philz-touch.zip i have again restart and back twrp

Please PM me to explain your issue with details, i will do my best to help you out ASAP ;)

Nice weekend to all ! ;)

Tapatalked from my D821

lars85destroyer

Jan 18, 2014
I have a very very dangerous issue with the last version of the recovery : my backups disappear. They're still on the sd card, I can manage with Nandroid Manager, but inside the recovery it's impossible, they aren't listed in the backup area.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for S4 mini (GT-I9190 + GT-I9192 + GT-I9195)
    v3.2.0-1 (STABLE)
    + v3.2.0-0 (TRYOUTs)

mnkt.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. TWRP also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

TeamWin was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After their work on the EVO 4G they wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and they settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damage you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & OmniROM teams (TWRP tree).
    -> CyanogenMod team (ROM + device + kernel trees).
    -> @k2wl (DS device tree).
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree).

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @F4k (for helping me a lot).
    -> @Dees_Troy (for sharing some of his knowledge with me).
    -> @arco68 (for helping me to restore the brightness control and crypto. features).
    -> @thomson.aa (for sharing one way to fix TWRP booting process for S4 mini).
    -> @alexax66 (for sharing early GT-I9192 TWRP builds which were based off one of mine).
    -> @Xmaster24 (screenshots).
    -> @noppy22 for testing crypto. features out.

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download the 7zipped .tar.md5 file of your choice below, then flash it through Odin (windows OS).
    => Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file of your choice below and flash it from recovery as usual.

BIG ORANGE WARNING : if you are coming from regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, then please do prefer the Odin way ! Thank you !

QUICK ODIN HOWTO : assuming that your Odin installation for S4 mini is OK (thanks @arco68 for this) !
    1. Turn your device OFF.
    2. Press AND hold 'PWR' + 'VOL. DOWN' + 'HOME' buttons.
    3. Connect your USB cable and press 'VOL. UP' button to confirm that you want to enter into DL mode.
    4. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click 'AP' button.
    5. Select my 'recovery.tar.md5' file that you previously extracted from my 7zip archive and press 'Start' button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    6. When the phone begins to vibrate just before rebooting : IMMEDIATELY press and hold 'VOL. UP' + 'HOME' buttons to boot straightly into your new recovery. <= THIS LAST STEP IS NEEDED ONLY ON SOME S4 MINI DEVICES TO ACHIEVE THE FLASHING PROCESS SUCCESSFULLY.

DOWNLOADS :
    • => STABLE branch : (NEW) 1 version per device built for stability, full crypto. support for both EXT4 and F2FS (fixed with @arco68 help, thanks !)... EXT4+F2FS; built along with LOS's NOUGAT ROM tree !
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (3G variant AKA GT-I9190) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (DS variant AKA GT-I9192) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery

BIG ORANGE WARNING : please be aware that this build is failing with LOS''s recovery updating feature ATM...

• => DEV branch : no files ATM..., should be as stable as the regular one...

• => TRYOUTs : v3.2.0-0 (NEW) NEED TESTING !!! => see post #1582 for details...

TWRP CHANGELOG : please look at post #2

INFO : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT.

NOTE : i've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! Feel free to report back... Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for S4 mini is available as three separate download categories : STABLE, DEV & TRYOUTS ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream not merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...​

Happy flashing !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for S4 mini (3G/DS/LTE) [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    ne0zone75, arco68, jason972000, thomson.aa + alexax66
    Source Code: https://github.com/ne0zone75

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: STABLE
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-06
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUTs
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-03

Created 2014-03-11
    Last Updated 2017-12-06
    TWRP for S4 mini is updated : v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs

Hello,

You will find new flashable ZIPs below :

Cheers and please do not forget to report back about them, thanks !

EDIT : i will flag v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs as STABLE very soon... OP will be updated and Odin ready archives will be released in addition to current flashable ZIPs.
    ? v3.1.0-0 is OUT !

Hello,

New installers are available now over AFH. It should work as great as v3.0.3-3 ? . Foreign languages availability and NTFS support for removable storage are still disabled in order to meet recovery image size requirement. That's it !

-> 'Odin' ready files
    3G | DS | LTE

-> flashable ZIPs
    3G | DS | LTE

Enjoy ?

Tapatalked from my OnePlus 3
    TWRP v3.0.0-0 TRYOUTS for S4 mini are now out !

Good afternoon,

You will find updated builds to latest TWRP for S4 mini below (v3.0.0-0) : they are TRYOUTS ! They will maybe not boot because i tried to restore the brightness control feature which was causing a kernel panic. Anyway new builds are compiling ATM without it and they should be OK...

3G | DS | LTE <= with brightness control feature : UPDATED AND NEEDING FEEDBACK !

3G | DS | LTE <= without brightness control feature : ALREADY REPORTED AS WORKING BUT STILL NEEDING FEEDBACK !

Let me know how it goes with them...

PS : Files above are made to be flashed from current recovery. Flash at your own risk ! Once new files will be reported as working as they should, i will also add Odin ready packages. Please keep a copy of a STABLE Odin ready file for your device if you want to test above files out : if the updated recovery is not booting, then simply flash back previous version (v2.8.7.0) through Odin. Thank you !
    Reserved

TWRP CHANGELOG
    (grabbed from official TeamWin website)​

v3.0.0
    • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    • Update AOSP base to 6.0
    • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

v3.0.1
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

v3.0.2
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.

v3.0.3
    N/A

v3.1.0
    • vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
    • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

v3.1.1
    • Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    • Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    • Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

v3.2.0
    • Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    • Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    • Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    • Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    • Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    • Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    • Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    • v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    • Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    • Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks