Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE&DEV] TWRP [S4 mini] v2.7.x.x | Updated 2014-10-03

OP ne0zone75

Announcement from ne0zone75: This project is almost unfreezed ATM... ;-)
11th March 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,081

781 posts
More
TWRP 2.7.x.x for S4 mini (GT-I9190 + GT-I9192 + GT-I9195)

Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Team Win team started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of their own features. It is a fully touch driven user interface, no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DISCLAIMER : Team Win team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damage you do to your device !

IMPORTANT NOTE : Because of a S4 mini device specific bug in TWRP v2.8 (recovery not always booting) i am offering TWRP v2.7 again and i will build v2.8 again when this issue will be sorted out... Thank you for your understanding !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> Team Win & omnirom teams (TWRP tree)
-> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
-> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)

-> @F4k <= F2FS support + automatic FS detection... Thank you !

ANNOUNCEMENT : My TWRP builds now feature automatic FS detection by @F4k; this means that theorically, any mix of EXT4/F2FS FS for /system, /cache and /data is supported by each build BUT STABLE ones are EXT4 oriented and DEV ones are F2FS oriented (STABLE will have limitations with F2FS and DEV will have limitations with EXT4...)

NOTE : I am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : Your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download the zipped .tar.md5 file of your choice below, then flash it through Odin (Windows OS).
=> Option 2 : A custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file of your choice below and flash it from recovery as usual.

<= BIG RED WARNING : If you are coming from regular / Philz CWM or legacy TWRP, then please do prefer the Odin way ! Thank you !

<= TO GT-I9192 users : Your device has been reported as compatible with 3G and LTE builds, you can install any build you want ;)
  • => STABLE branch : 1 version per device built for stability, full crypto support... EXT4 <= BUT features automatic FS detection by @F4k, so there is basic F2FS support in it with some limitations...

-> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (3G variant) | STABLE (2014-10-03) | Odin & flashable .zip
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant) | STABLE (2014-10-03) | Odin & flashable .zip

-> NO MORE TRYOUTS FOR THE MOMENT

• => DEV branch : 2 versions per device including an ALL-F2FS one, should be as stable as the regular one..., no crypto support at all ! F2FS <= BUT features automatic FS detection by @F4k, so there is basic EXT4 support in it with some limitations...

F2FS -> /data only :
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (3G variant) | DEV#1 (2014-10-03) | flashable .zip
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant) | DEV#1 (2014-10-03) | flashable .zip

F2FS -> ALL-F2FS :
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (3G variant) | DEV#2 (2014-10-03) | flashable .zip
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.x.x JB/KK enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant) | DEV#2 (2014-10-03) | flashable .zip

-> NO MORE TRYOUTS FOR THE MOMENT

INFO 1 : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT ;)

INFO 2 : Current DEV branch feature is optimized F2FS support (only /data -> first version AND /system + /cache + /data -> second version [ALL F2FS])... :good: :silly: :cool:

INFO 3 : The 'take a screenshot from recovery' feature is now merged upstream so it is available in both branches for each S4 mini variant... :good:

Happy flashing :D

NOTE : I've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! I use it everyday and still do not have any issue ! Anyway you can feel free to report back ;) Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

PS : Flashing KK ROMs with this recovery is OK (it's its main purpose...), Flashing JB ones has not been tested yet so please report back if anything goes wrong with JB ROMs... Thank you !

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my THANKS button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !

PS : TWRP for S4 mini is available as two separate download categories : STABLE & DEV branches ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...

Have fun with it ! :good:

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for S4 mini (3G/DS/LTE) [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini

Contributors
ne0zone75

Version Information
Current Stable Version: STABLE
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-03
Current Beta Version: DEV
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-03

Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2014-10-04
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome_menu.png
Views:	2718
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2793938   Click image for larger version

Name:	filesystem_conversion_menu.png
Views:	2585
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2793939   Click image for larger version

Name:	backup_menu.png
Views:	2262
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2793940   Click image for larger version

Name:	advanced_menu.png
Views:	1942
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2793941   Click image for larger version

Name:	reboot_menu.png
Views:	1827
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	2793942  
Last edited by ne0zone75; 12th June 2014 at 12:31 PM.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

781 posts
More
Reserved
12th March 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sicily
Thanks Meter: 9

79 posts
More
I installed the Flash version and it works perfectly.
Thank you for your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to xfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 72

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfire

I installed the Flash version and it works perfectly.
Thank you for your work.

Yeah same here thanks

GT-I9195, Liquid Smooth beta 3, f4k 1.3.2 b.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ezylife For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 35

228 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good job, no bugs untill yet thx:P
The Following User Says Thank You to Flatric For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag sagnasty, mi
Thanks Meter: 15

168 posts
More
I don't think I understand the difference between this one and the other 2.6.x one we current have. The other works fine with kitkat?
13th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

781 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicsr2cool

I don't think I understand the difference between this one and the other 2.6.x one we current have. The other works fine with kitkat?

Here is the TWRP 2.7.0.0 changelog as it is published on official TeamWin website

Quote:

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
Text wrap in the console output
Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
Add 4.4 AOSP*decrypt support
Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note:*2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP*parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP*and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

So to answer your question : yes, 2.6.3.0 can work with KitKat but 2.7.0.0 is a new major update to TWRP

Regards

Sent from my TF300T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

781 posts
More
Question Any additional feedback ?!
Hey, combined downloads count of .tar.md5 and flashable .zip versions has already reached 50 ! Thank you for downloading my files Does anybody have any additional feedback ? Have you tried flashing pre-KK ROMs with it ? If so, was it successfull ?

Thank you for reporting back

BTW TWRP 2.7.0.1 will be out soon upstream... i will update downloads links in consequence
20th March 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

781 posts
More
Angry New builds are out !
Hello, new builds are out and ready for download It's built from today's synced TWRP sources from OmniROM GitHub tree and corrects some minor bugs : you can checkout changes HERE

You can download the new version HERE for the zipped .tar.md5 and HERE for the flashable .zip

OP download links updated too

Enjoy
Last edited by ne0zone75; 20th March 2014 at 05:07 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

781 posts
More
Info 2 TWRP Update !
I've updated TWRP again (please checkout post number 1... thank you !)

Here is the main update of this build :

Quote:

Implement "take a screenshot" feature

* Like in android - press power+volume down, screenshots are saved
in /sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots (if /sdcard is mounted) or /tmp

Enjoy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gt-i9190, gt-i9195, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread