[FAQ] Faq and useful info

Search This thread

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
[SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]GT-I919X[/SIZE]

Here I'll write down a set of Q&A about the S4 mini, flashing, etc.

(If you like to provide extra information or have a correction, I'll add it to the OP)

Disclaimer:

I'm not liable to any demage to your device, including Knox. The information here is as good as I know, there is no guarantee.

- How to enter recovery?
- Power the device off and press volume up + home + power for a while​

- How to enter download mode?

- Power the device off and press volume down + home + power for a while​

- How to root?

- This is one method, there are many though (this one will trip Knox): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980

- What is Knox?

- My device is bricked help!

- How to flash something with Odin?

(If not described differently, follow this)

- Make sure you've enough charge on your phone, min 40% is usually safe

- Put the .tar or .tar.md5 file into PDA or AP (it's the same, it's just different in Odin versions)

- Boot your device into download mode (press volume down + home + power at the boot process for around 20 seconds)

- Connect your device (Odin should say "Added")

- Click "start" (Do NOT disconnect your device or power off your computer in the flashing process, it could hardbrick your phone)

- Wait until your phone has fully rebooted

- Done (If you've trouble with booting into the system after a flash, do a factory reset in the recovery)​

- My signal is bad etc. from the very beginning I have this phone, what can I do?

- Return to seller before Knoxing it up (don't flash anything and don't try to repair it on your own)​

- Will the s4 mini forum get more users any day, also more roms etc.?

- Yes, I'm pretty sure, the device got intense price reduction since the S5 was released, so more people could afford it​

- I don't like the keyboard of my AOSP rom, is there a better one?

- Look here this is the Xperia Z2 keyboard, it works for s4 mini (Flash the flashable .zip not the single file): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708805

- Can I flash Cyanogenmod with TWRP?

- It worked for me, even though the Cyanogenmod team doesn't recommend it​

- When I boot my device I see colored pixels lightning up after the splash screen, is my device now totally broken?

- No, It's stuck in a bootloop, but the lightning pixels are not to worry normally. You've to unbrick it.​

- My device is heating up, do I have to worry?

- Mine does too, and I'm not worrieng​

- How to enter to enter extra-developer settings (For example performance settings (set governor etc.)) in AOSP roms?

- Tap the build number in the phone information menu 7 times (It should say "now you're a developer") Then after that you'll find more menus in the settings​

- How to easily access the hidden service menus?

- Download this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabasoft.util.servicemodeshortcut&hl=de (In AOSP rom's probably only the "Test menu" works, because others are blocked)​

- How to change CSC?

- How to safe battery without loosing performance?
- Deactivate syncing services (Parts of Googles services etc.) which you don't need, or pick another governor and i/o.​

- My battery doesn't work properly and I've my phone for more than 1 year, what can I do?

- Batteries don't have a long lifespan, your battery is most likely demaged. You can use this app to view what the system says to the battery health: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=de

- Where to download the latest stock firmwares?

- www.sammobile.com or www.samsung-updates.com (Sammobile is recommended)​

- Can I return to stock after flashing a custom rom?

- Yes, but remember you cannot reverse Knox so far! How to reverse to stock: Flash a stock firmware with odin, enter recovery and do a factory reset. (Stock firmware links, above)​

Thanks for the design template to XDA

To be continued...

Last edited:

hiagopereira

Nov 18, 2014
I am using carbon ROM and it's great, but i can't remove the second chip icon (i don't use) in the status bar. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Hello, thanks for your advice. Please could you answer this for me. I currently have an s3 mini and love flashing custom roms etc. I am thinking of buying an s4 mini on contract with o2 service provider. If i buy this phone and the bootloader is locked will i be
able to unlock the bootloader?
I believe you need a code for that but I'm not really sure I hope someone else knows better maybe search the forum

imarco2

Jan 11, 2015
guayaquil
Yo cree unas versión de twrp para samsung
gt- i9195 en versión de 2.8.1.0 &
2.8.3.0.....pero la versiones 2.8.3.0 tiene
algunas fallos....

Last edited:

benjieoral

Mar 23, 2015
cebu
somebody can give me dbrick.img i9190 plzzxzz

Help me sir somebody can give brick.IMG i9190 my phone hard brick plzZ help me
almost 1 year my phone was hardbrick:(

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Help me sir somebody can give brick.IMG i9190 my phone hard brick plzZ help me
almost 1 year my phone was hardbrick:(
Search online for "repair firmware i9190" I think it was available, I'm not allowed to link it since it's for premium download only. Once you got the file, share it with us. I don't have it.

syednawaz

I am new to android and i have s4 mini i9190 which had stock rom 4.2.2 jelly bean.
four days ago i installed TWRP using odin but was so scared to install custom rom. Anyway i still made a back of everything(modem, EFS, Boot, System, Cache, Preload and Data). Two days ago i installed CM12.1 and i really liked it but the problem is camera. The pic captured while recording video is in low resolution compare to stock camera. so kind of slow too.
Can i go back to jelly bean using the restore without any problem?
and which restore option should i leave checked.
My knox is 0x1.
Can someone please help me go back to stock rom?

Last edited:

ugynok

Apr 2, 2012
Do anyone know when they stopped producing i9195 and i9195i ? I need to buy the latest version, because my i9195 was made in 2013 and have that battery drain issue even with new batteries... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]GT-I919X[/SIZE]

Here I'll write down a set of Q&A about the S4 mini, flashing, etc.

(If you like to provide extra information or have a correction, I'll add it to the OP)

Disclaimer:

I'm not liable to any demage to your device, including Knox. The information here is as good as I know, there is no guarantee.

- How to enter recovery?
    - Power the device off and press volume up + home + power for a while​

- How to enter download mode?

- Power the device off and press volume down + home + power for a while​

- How to root?

- This is one method, there are many though (this one will trip Knox): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980

- What is Knox?

- My device is bricked help!

- How to flash something with Odin?

(If not described differently, follow this)

- Make sure you've enough charge on your phone, min 40% is usually safe

- Put the .tar or .tar.md5 file into PDA or AP (it's the same, it's just different in Odin versions)

- Boot your device into download mode (press volume down + home + power at the boot process for around 20 seconds)

- Connect your device (Odin should say "Added")

- Click "start" (Do NOT disconnect your device or power off your computer in the flashing process, it could hardbrick your phone)

- Wait until your phone has fully rebooted

- Done (If you've trouble with booting into the system after a flash, do a factory reset in the recovery)​

- My signal is bad etc. from the very beginning I have this phone, what can I do?

- Return to seller before Knoxing it up (don't flash anything and don't try to repair it on your own)​

- Will the s4 mini forum get more users any day, also more roms etc.?

- Yes, I'm pretty sure, the device got intense price reduction since the S5 was released, so more people could afford it​

- I don't like the keyboard of my AOSP rom, is there a better one?

- Look here this is the Xperia Z2 keyboard, it works for s4 mini (Flash the flashable .zip not the single file): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708805

- Can I flash Cyanogenmod with TWRP?

- It worked for me, even though the Cyanogenmod team doesn't recommend it​

- When I boot my device I see colored pixels lightning up after the splash screen, is my device now totally broken?

- No, It's stuck in a bootloop, but the lightning pixels are not to worry normally. You've to unbrick it.​

- My device is heating up, do I have to worry?

- Mine does too, and I'm not worrieng​

- How to enter to enter extra-developer settings (For example performance settings (set governor etc.)) in AOSP roms?

- Tap the build number in the phone information menu 7 times (It should say "now you're a developer") Then after that you'll find more menus in the settings​

- How to easily access the hidden service menus?

- Download this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabasoft.util.servicemodeshortcut&hl=de (In AOSP rom's probably only the "Test menu" works, because others are blocked)​

- How to change CSC?

- How to safe battery without loosing performance?
    - Deactivate syncing services (Parts of Googles services etc.) which you don't need, or pick another governor and i/o.​

- My battery doesn't work properly and I've my phone for more than 1 year, what can I do?

- Batteries don't have a long lifespan, your battery is most likely demaged. You can use this app to view what the system says to the battery health: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=de

- Where to download the latest stock firmwares?

- www.sammobile.com or www.samsung-updates.com (Sammobile is recommended)​

- Can I return to stock after flashing a custom rom?

- Yes, but remember you cannot reverse Knox so far! How to reverse to stock: Flash a stock firmware with odin, enter recovery and do a factory reset. (Stock firmware links, above)​

Thanks for the design template to XDA

To be continued...
    Design updated, thanks to XDA for the template.
    there are an idea to root a KK UCNH5 without tripping knox ? because Towelroot don't work at all...

cf autoroot http://download.chainfire.eu/425/CF...Auto-Root-serranolte-serranoltexx-gti9195.zip

here
    thank you for the information!
    please tell me what is deference between GT I9190, 9192, 9195.
    can i install custom roms of I9192 to 9190 or 9195.

I9192- dualsim
    I9190-3g
    I9195-4g

You can not install roms from other device. The system will boot bu you will have no radio function(gsm, mobile data...)