Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Knox bootloader

Tip us?

s0cks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question [Q] Knox bootloader

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I flashed my i9192 with 4.4.2 (official build) and now I got knox bootloader...

I know that it is almost impossible to remove it, but I would like to know what are the consequences of it...
I mean, can I root my phone as usual? Can I live with knox? :P

Regards.

kev23m
Old
Thanks Meter 13
You will trip knox and loose warranty other than that the same routine. Root , disable or delete knox.Read Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0cks View Post
Hi there,

Unfortunately, I flashed my i9192 with 4.4.2 (official build) and now I got knox bootloader...

I know that it is almost impossible to remove it, but I would like to know what are the consequences of it...
I mean, can I root my phone as usual? Can I live with knox? :P

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to kev23m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxM4tzexX
Old
Thanks Meter 74
It is impossible to remove the knox bootloader and flash a non-knox bootloader.
It depends on you: do you care about warranty? If yes than use Towelroot because this wont trip knox (not complete 100% safe but most of the users reported it). I dont know if knox trips when you remove system apps/system files. You can live with knox. In my opinion the firmware is not bloated very much but ,again, it's your decision.
If you dont care about warranty you can use the good old way and flash recovery and flash a rootkit.