No registration required

[Q] Camera Replacement

OP alrosh7

2nd July 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
Hello,

I am looking for an app tha replaces the camera app on CM11. The one in CM11 is buggy and the screen does not show the actual picture it is zoomed in always for some reason. I tried Google Camera (but it doesnt save on SD), I tried Better Camera but I dont like it's design.

I am looking for an app that replaces BOTH video recorder and camera photo shooter, like better camera does.

Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 75

212 posts
More
Usually when I debloat CM11 roms I remove the camera app as well. I use this lightweight ICS Camera...I have attached the apk...you can try that but options and controls take up some screen space....good luck
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.54 MB, 16 views)
2nd July 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Neuwied, GER
Thanks Meter: 94

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrosh7

Hello,

I am looking for an app tha replaces the camera app on CM11. The one in CM11 is buggy and the screen does not show the actual picture it is zoomed in always for some reason. I tried Google Camera (but it doesnt save on SD), I tried Better Camera but I dont like it's design.

I am looking for an app that replaces BOTH video recorder and camera photo shooter, like better camera does.

Thanks.

Why do you think that the cm11 cam is buggy? It functions quite well. Yes, there is this issue that the actual taken picture is bigger than shown on the screen while taking the foto but I remember this was present in earlier versions of cm too. If you have any other issues feel free to post them in the nighties/snapshot bugs & discussion thread or post them to Jira.
2nd July 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 5,133

4,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Its not buggy. Actually by default the picture size is 8mp (4:3 ratio), so the cm camera in order to fit the preview in the 16:9 screen, it crops the bottom side of the picture. Now, if you change the size to 6mp (16:9 ratio), the photo will have exactly the same size with the preview screen if that's what you want but it'll have lower resolution (6mp instead of 8mp). I attached two photos to see the difference. The first one has 3264x1836 (6mp) resolution while the second has 8mp 3264χ2448 (8mp) resolution.

Last edited by kyrillos13; 2nd July 2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Attached photos
2nd July 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
Quote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Yeah your app looks great but why are there ads in it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread