Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] changing number in Whatsapp Plus

Tip us?

DoriGuy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] changing number in Whatsapp Plus

Hello,
Next week I'm traveling to different country so I'll change my phone number to new Sim, the Sim is a global but made from Belgium.
In Whatsapp plus there is an option to change the number, but I checked the if the app will work with the second number without using this option ant it works very well-I received messages that sent to my first Sim in the app while Sim number 2 was in the phone.

Would it work the same way when I'll be traveling?

Sincerely,

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriGuy View Post
Hello,
Next week I'm traveling to different country so I'll change my phone number to new Sim, the Sim is a global but made from Belgium.
In Whatsapp plus there is an option to change the number, but I checked the if the app will work with the second number without using this option ant it works very well-I received messages that sent to my first Sim in the app while Sim number 2 was in the phone.

Would it work the same way when I'll be traveling?

Sincerely,
SIM is not used for WhatsApp to work - it is only used to validate your installation ONCE only. After that WhatsApp just uses any Internet connection you have available - Wifi or any other via any SIM Card in the device. You can also pull out the original SIM and use it elsewhere for plain telephony.
Android: Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2. towelroot-ed, KNOX intact), Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel), Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel)
Windows Mobile: Tornado <- LG KS20 <- Benq E72 <- Hurricane <- Amadeus
Legacy: Siemens ME45 <- S35i
If above post was helpful to you, press the "Thanks" button below
The Following User Says Thank You to tobbbie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DoriGuy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much tobbbie.
I forgot to write it but it was also one my checks that I did.