[Q] Device loses time / resets time after each restart, cLock not updating

OP Raubsau

4th September 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

58 posts
Hi,

I have a rooted I9195 and installed CM11 M9. After every reboot, date and time are set to 1.1.1970, 0:00 GMT. The date is corrected as soon as an connection to either internet or cell provider is established.

Has anyone, especially using XPrivacy (link), experienced this? What can be the reasons?

Also, the time shown is not updated in cLock widget, and also in the status bar on the top.

It's very annoying to have no correct time when no connection is possible...

Any ideas?
12th September 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
More
I had this issue with CM 11. Sometimes the lockscreen clock, clock widget and status bar clock could all have different times. Sometimes locking and unlocking a couple of times would make them match up again. There was no reason for it but it would work again without any issues one week and then not the next, never found a permanent fix though.
13th September 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltee

I had this issue with CM 11. Sometimes the lockscreen clock, clock widget and status bar clock could all have different times. Sometimes locking and unlocking a couple of times would make them match up again. There was no reason for it but it would work again without any issues one week and then not the next, never found a permanent fix though.

Well, you could try to set the time manually - worked for me for the last week(s)...
14th September 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #4  

31 posts
Thumbs down me too
unfortunately i also have no time after reboot:
three S4M devices
1st CM11 20140120 nightly
2nd CM11 snapshot M8
3rd CM11 snapshot M9

this is really annoying. is there any further info or a fix for this?
it doesn't matter if the time ist set manually or automatically.
always lost after reboot.
and if one has no data connection in automatic time mode, the time wont be right till a dataconnection is available.
all things happening till then get a wrong timestamp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clock, date reset, time reset
Previous Thread Next Thread