Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to move app data to sd and save internal memo?

Tip us?
 
jihadinhorocks
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Exclamation [Q] How to move app data to sd and save internal memo?

Hello fellow s4miniers

I have just moved from a bad experience with iphones to galaxy s4 mini I updated to kitkat and rooted it. The main issue I hated about the phone is that when you choose the move to sd for apps and games options, it only moves the app itself but not the large app data files.
For example, I got Need For Speed with 2GB of data still stuck in the internal memory while the sd is useless in this concern even when I move the app to the sd. The app large data files stay in the internal memo. This really bugs me >. who has this problem too? Is there a solution for it? :-\

S4 mini I9195 Android 4.2.2 rooted.
 
rrgrrg
Old
#2  
rrgrrg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3540
Posts: 2,158
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadinhorocks View Post
Hello fellow s4miniers

I have just moved from a bad experience with iphones to galaxy s4 mini I updated to kitkat and rooted it. The main issue I hated about the phone is that when you choose the move to sd for apps and games options, it only moves the app itself but not the large app data files.
For example, I got Need For Speed with 2GB of data still stuck in the internal memory while the sd is useless in this concern even when I move the app to the sd. The app large data files stay in the internal memo. This really bugs me >. who has this problem too? Is there a solution for it? :-\

S4 mini I9195 Android 4.2.2 rooted.
its not a problem ! .. all phones has this glitch its an android thing that data has to be on internal sd or phone not eXT-sd .. there is some scripts like link2sd and others that can help but i dont know how search on your own
My Projects:
Current Device:
Quote:
Phone: GT-I9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM
ROM: WizzedKAT 3.0 Beta - 4.4.2 MODEM: I9192XXUCNG2
Kernel: Silviu-stock Patched Kernel
Recovery: Philz CWM
Always press if u liked my work
VISIT MY WORDPRESS FOR MORE GUIDES !!
 
jihadinhorocks
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgrrg View Post
its not a problem ! .. all phones has this glitch its an android thing that data has to be on internal sd or phone not eXT-sd .. there is some scripts like link2sd and others that can help but i dont know how search on your own
I tried Link2sd and still it does not solve the issue it only moves the app but not the large data files. there are custom firmwares that make your device read the eXT-sd as internal and internal as sd but none of them is available for my model. Besides, these CFWs are glitchy and not stable and slow the phone big time. Nevertheless, this lends androids more useless to me compared to iOS in this concern.
 
spawnofdonny
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 24
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Doncaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadinhorocks View Post
I tried Link2sd and still it does not solve the issue it only moves the app but not the large data files. there are custom firmwares that make your device read the eXT-sd as internal and internal as sd but none of them is available for my model. Besides, these CFWs are glitchy and not stable and slow the phone big time. Nevertheless, this lends androids more useless to me compared to iOS in this concern.
you could try gl to sd https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...glApp&hl=en_GB
 
fburgos
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 586
Join Date: Sep 2012
I like folder mount to move directories to extsd

sent from my i9192 with CM11 by sekil
 
luisbraz
Old
#6  
luisbraz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 118
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Faro
Folder Mount let you choose directories (you can choose the big ones) to move to external SD, as said fburgos. I had 3 games with 2GB each, all in external SD, and had 2 GB of free space in internal memory.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (GT-I9195)
Rom: CM11
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes