Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

invalid ext4 partition

Tip us?

lofty5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default invalid ext4 partition

I am trying to flash the latest Vodafone uk 4.4.2 fw to my 9195 device. However every time I always get hidden.img.ext4 invalid ext 4 partition in odin and on the phone. I have previously searched and other users have experienced this I however have not found a fix except for repackaging the md5 with the hidden file removed. This works but I would like to be able to flash the complete rom. I thought if I got it successfully installed maybe I could get kies to reinstall the botched together firmware there is however no option in kies to do this.

I have tried it on another computer to rule that out, didnít work I have also tried multiple versions of odin all yield the same result. Iíve tried everything I can think of. Can anyone help, cheers.

What is contained in the hidden.img.ext4 file is it important?

Mitko
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Check out this post:
http://www.s4miniarchive.com/2014/07....img.ext4.html

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NGbod
Old
Thanks Meter 10
After two days without my phone trying to sort the same problem. In desperation I wiped the user data etc again with CWM recovery but then went on and reformated the partitions with CWM. I then reinstalled the rom (Belgian NE6 KK) and to my surprise no errors and an uneventful boot up with the new rom. Phew!
Device:Galaxy S4 mini i9195 8gb
Rom:Stock Rooted + Wanam Xposed
Kernel:Stock
Recovery:Towelroot/ or CWM 6.0.4.8
The Following User Says Thank You to NGbod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lofty5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGbod View Post
After two days without my phone trying to sort the same problem. In desperation I wiped the user data etc again with CWM recovery but then went on and reformated the partitions with CWM. I then reinstalled the rom (Belgian NE6 KK) and to my surprise no errors and an uneventful boot up with the new rom. Phew!
God, tell me about it. I was pissing around with this for hours, first was without knox constant crashing and rebooting. So i have flashed the full knox rom with the hidden.img removed and its been working great thus far. Due to now I can no longer do any cwm stuff without triggering knox but its good to know should anyone else have this issue as its quite common by the looks of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitko View Post
Check out this post:
http://www.s4miniarchive.com/2014/07....img.ext4.html

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app
Aye essentially yields the same result as deleting the hidden partition.

What is contained in hidden.ext4?