Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kitkat firmware

Tip us?

mahrukhsa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default kitkat firmware

i have bought my s4 mini just today.. now i want to upgrade it to kitkat.. but the software is not available in pak.. so how can i do this ? plz tell me.. on sammobile firmwares if i flash 4.4.2 firmware of any other country will it harm my device ????

sorry for bad english

Bibicp
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post
i have bought my s4 mini just today.. now i want to upgrade it to kitkat.. but the software is not available in pak.. so how can i do this ? plz tell me.. on sammobile firmwares if i flash 4.4.2 firmware of any other country will it harm my device ????

sorry for bad english
No it will not harm your device but you have to make sure you know what you're doing. I recommend waiting for the update to get released in your country and download it over the air easier.

rrgrrg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post

sorry for bad English
if you want a decent upgrade wait for your country .. if you want it so bad download the firmware of the countrey near you to get a good signal BUT i have to address the following
-if the firmware isn't for your country it will work 100% but in wcdma you may lost h+ connection (will remain h.. not sayin it will but may do that.. didn't happen to me thankfully but some guys reported this)
-upgrading to official Sammy kitkat will upgrade to Knox 2.0 so YOU WILL LOSE ANY WAYS OF DOWNGRADING AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET ROOT EASILY !!
whats your model ? i9190 or i9192 or i9195 ??
My Projects:
Current Device:
Quote:
Phone: GT-i9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM
ROM: WizzedKAT 3.0 Beta - 4.4.2 MODEM: I9192XXUCNG2
Kernel: Silviu-stock Patched Kernel
Recovery: TWRP - Stable
Always press if u liked my work
VISIT MY WORDPRESS FOR MORE GUIDES !!

mahrukhsa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgrrg View Post
if you want a decent upgrade wait for your country .. if you want it so bad download the firmware of the countrey near you to get a good signal BUT i have to address the following
-if the firmware isn't for your country it will work 100% but in wcdma you may lost h+ connection (will remain h.. not sayin it will but may do that.. didn't happen to me thankfully but some guys reported this)
-upgrading to official Sammy kitkat will upgrade to Knox 2.0 so YOU WILL LOSE ANY WAYS OF DOWNGRADING AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET ROOT EASILY !!
whats your model ? i9190 or i9192 or i9195 ??
model number is i9190

PHCC
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just look for a good tutorial and carefully follow every step. It's not that hard, and if you make no mistakes, you'll have your phone running Kit Kat normally.

mahrukhsa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i want to update to kitkat now.. which country's firmware should i flash ??