Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

planning to buy s4 mini but have some Q

Tip us?
 
mahrukhsa
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default planning to buy s4 mini but have some Q

i m planning to buy s4 mini.. but i have some questions..
1. i currently have s duos and facing phantom key press on it.. the screen starts responding itself.. and i have heard about this issue on some other samsung phone.. so did anyone experienced this on s4 mini.. this bug is really annoying..
2. will it be possible to get android L by rooting and custom rom ?
 
Flatric
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 121
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post
i m planning to buy s4 mini.. but i have some questions..
1. i currently have s duos and facing phantom key press on it.. the screen starts responding itself.. and i have heard about this issue on some other samsung phone.. so did anyone experienced this on s4 mini.. this bug is really annoying..
2. will it be possible to get android L by rooting and custom rom ?
In this forum I heard only about one person having this issue, and I'm pretty shure we'll get Android L
 
mahrukhsa
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatric View Post
In this forum I heard only about one person having this issue, and I'm pretty shure we'll get Android L
hmmm.. only one person.. i will use this phone in pakistan and mostly in 2g so hope that this issue will not arise in my phone coz em already fed up of this on my s duos..
 
Flatric
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 121
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post
hmmm.. only one person.. i will use this phone in pakistan and mostly in 2g so hope that this issue will not arise in my phone coz em already fed up of this on my s duos..
I'm using this phone now for 9 month and the only time I have touch issues is if it's rainy and my Display gets wet
 
mahrukhsa
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatric View Post
I'm using this phone now for 9 month and the only time I have touch issues is if it's rainy and my Display gets wet
ahan okk.. btw where do u live and on which carrier u r using this ?
n one more thing i have heard that dual sim s4 mini has received kitkat official is it true ?
and can single rom s4 mini roms can be used on dual sim ?
 
ThuGzta
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post
ahan okk.. btw where do u live and on which carrier u r using this ?
n one more thing i have heard that dual sim s4 mini has received kitkat official is it true ?
and can single rom s4 mini roms can be used on dual sim ?
Dont worry, I have 2 Korean models in which one of them has this bug. Just clean the screen, use a good protector and it should be enough. Yes the wet screen does cause the screen to have a mind of its own. Apps open them selves, notification toggles on and off. But its not really a big issue if you use it in a dry weather like Pakistan.
 
Flatric
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 121
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrukhsa View Post
ahan okk.. btw where do u live and on which carrier u r using this ?
n one more thing i have heard that dual sim s4 mini has received kitkat official is it true ?
and can single rom s4 mini roms can be used on dual sim ?
I'm living in Germany Carrier is E-Plus. Yes you'll have official kitkat but you have to use the Roms for your phone for the LTE or 3g version are much more roms available.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more