[Q&A] [ROM][Unofficial][Lollipop 5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G & LTE

Search This thread

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Alright. However will it not be an issue if I mix the stock firmware with a custom ROM running LP? Stock runs with JB if I remember correctly. When I flashed stock I just reverted to my NAND backup that was made from the software that came with the phone yeah. My country (ZA) and region, Vodacom branded version of Touchwiz.

I'm gonna try my SIM in a different phone and vice-verse later today to see if it may be related to the SIM card somehow. I've used all the different available APN settings for Vodacom SA and nothing works. I firmly believe this is a firmware problem though, seeing as that my stock ROM with APN settings that used to work also don't work now.

Not sure what you mean about mixing firmware as you can only run one or the other. But I'm thinking maybe try searching http://www.sammobile.com for the latest matching firmware, flashing that 2 times. Testing data . Then try a custom recovery and LP rom. I would wipe system when flashing LP.

Is what I would do... I think you might have better results flashing from the latest compatible stock kit kat firmware.

BE WARNED! Your boot loader will most likely be updated to the latest version also, maybe KNOX enabled. Don't know how this will affect the i9190 but on i9195 it wasn't an issue.

You could do with advice from someone with your device. This isn't really the best place for this as it's not really this roms issue. Try opening a separate topic from q&a. You might get a better response.

I wouldn't act on my advice until your 100% sure as I doubt you can undo bootloader changes.

Best of luck!

jlfevr

May 23, 2013
Cape Town
Not sure what you mean about mixing firmware as you can only run one or the other. But I'm thinking maybe try searching http://www.sammobile.com for the latest matching firmware, flashing that 2 times. Testing data . Then try a custom recovery and LP rom. I would wipe system when flashing LP.

Is what I would do... I think you might have better results flashing from the latest compatible stock kit kat firmware.

BE WARNED! Your boot loader will most likely be updated to the latest version also, maybe KNOX enabled. Don't know how this will affect the i9190 but on i9195 it wasn't an issue.

You could do with advice from someone with your device. This isn't really the best place for this as it's not really this roms issue. Try opening a separate topic from q&a. You might get a better response.

I wouldn't act on my advice until your 100% sure as I doubt you can undo bootloader changes.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the help dude. I opened a new thread, no-one replied so whatever. I flashed a new bootloader. (The latest.) And that didn;t help. Haha. I found out that my SIM card was apparently defective somehow. Got a new SIM and it's working great now. Sigh. ALL THAT HASSLE. Anyway, thanks again. :) :good:

Reactions: RuffBuster

Tazzypillar

Aug 3, 2015
Will the contents of this page work for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SGH-I257 M)?

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-s4-mini-3g-lte-t2946176

I can't really tell what the GT versions are in relation to this.

I was already able to Root my SGH-I257M, now I'm wondering if I can flash it. It seems to have very little support, relatively...

EDIT: Apparently the I9195 version should work with, at the very least, Canadian SGH I257. Is that also true for US AT&T versions?

If so, then I have a queston: I tried to flash the 12.1 Cyanogenmod ROM using ROM Manager, and it failed during installation giving me the following error:

"failed to verify whole-file signature"

my system reinstalled to the stock samsung ROM.

I've tried to reinstall it three times, both clean and dirty installs. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have a clue?

Last edited:

Ronussks

Aug 4, 2015
Dirty Install

I installed F4k's Previous build and then tried installing Latest build without wiping anything at all. I got stuck in boot-loop.
Is dirty install not possible in F4k's builds??
Anyone?

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
I installed F4k's Previous build and then tried installing Latest build without wiping anything at all. I got stuck in boot-loop.
Is dirty install not possible in F4k's builds??
Anyone?
I did the exact same thing and it worked very well. I usually wiped dalvik and cache, but thought "No, Cyanogenmod said it's not necessary, so let's see if that's true". While booting I still had this "Apps are being optimized" thing, but there was no boot loop and the system runs just fine.

Could you solve the problem by wiping dalvik/cache?

Or do you happen to use f4k's kernel and forgot to flash it over the rom? :D

Reactions: Ronussks

Ronussks

Aug 4, 2015
I did the exact same thing and it worked very well. I usually wiped dalvik and cache, but thought "No, Cyanogenmod said it's not necessary, so let's see if that's true". While booting I still had this "Apps are being optimized" thing, but there was no boot loop and the system runs just fine.

Could you solve the problem by wiping dalvik/cache?

Or do you happen to use f4k's kernel and forgot to flash it over the rom? :D

I wiped out everything and reinstalled the latest build and f4k's kernel.
O, so i have to reflash Kernel again, after installing the ROM?
That might be it. Thanks, I will do that on the next build. :good:

Ronussks

Aug 4, 2015
Which setting is best: for both Battery and Performance while using f4k's Kernel? m using kernel adiutor. what should i choose? Plz suggest.

omg1010

Nov 1, 2014
i would choose Samsung Stock android the one with Lollipop. I really love Touchwiz that the samsung devices are using now.
But our S4 mini has not been updated to Lollipop, so I prefer CM 12.1 rather than stock rom on our device.

Same here. Cm12.1 is the Rom of choice. However I personally would not install the experimental versions because I am not so adventurous. And I don't want to be beta tester ...

Brgds
Omg

Reactions: Kelvin Dare

Jon Targaryen

Aug 9, 2015
Fixed stage fright vulnerability

Thanks f4k. Based on the zimperium detector app, the 2 August build passes the vulnerability tests. Great ROM. Loving cm12.1

rioko

Apr 10, 2011
Baden Württemberg
Did a clean install to the latest ROM (trying it with stock kernel a few days now) and wanted to set up my alarms, but when I want to select the ringtone it asks for the app to proceed with (media-storage or es file explorer) and I can't choose the "random" option anymore. Any ideas how to set up a random ringtone every time?

Edit: the option in the clock settings to remove the alarm-symbol in the status bar also isn't there any more :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

mautheus

Aug 11, 2015
Performing some tests, I realized that there is a problem when trying to import the SIM2 contacts to the phone.
Everytime I try to do this, the device always reads the contacts from SIM1.
There is a hint to developers.

JenItols

Aug 9, 2015
I really love CM12.1 and am enjoying it. The 08/02 build seems stable enough for my everyday use and have not yet experienced anything that I would consider a huge issue. So keep up the great work.

That said, there was one thing that I was hoping that could be answered. I was reading in the following thread about large capacity batteries (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612050&page=3) and junkyde stated that the battery capacity is hardcoded in the kernel itself. So for my phone to recognize I have a 5100 mAh battery I would need to recompile the kernel from source.

I think I have done the above (compile kernel from source) only once when I was trying Gentoo Linux. Even then I was following a step by step process which was not the best method since I had no idea what I was doing.

Now that I have prefaced this question with a superfluous preface, here are the questions.

tl;dr: "I have big battery in phone but registers as smaller battery"

Question 1: Does CM12.1 have a place were I could modify the battery capacity to indicate that i have a 5100 mAh battery?

Question 2: If not, would someone be willing to compile or point me to a resource on how to compile a custom CM12.1 kernel from source so that I may research and modify this variable myself?

Question 3: Does battery conditioning (e.g. deleting the battery stats, draining battery, then full charge) allow the phone to identify the larger capacity battery in my phone or will the hardcoded value above still need to be modified?

zwitico

Aug 13, 2015
Cartago
I need a little help

Hi guys,let me start by saying I'm not a native English speaker...
A month ago i was using the cm 12.1 and i tried to update...following the usual steps...but i got an error and my phone softbricked (stuck on samsung screen), then i tried to reinstall but i couldnt it was showing the message : "patching system unconditionally" and then it froze on the installation. Right now i am on stock 4.4.2 android (i installed via odhin) and then using recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6 tried to install again and the same error message "patching system unconditionally" and then softbricking my device again...Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
I have tried to:
Download the rom form different links.
Format system

tldr: I cant install cm (using cmr) "patching system unconditionally".

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Hi guys,let me start by saying I'm not a native English speaker...
A month ago i was using the cm 12.1 and i tried to update...following the usual steps...but i got an error and my phone softbricked (stuck on samsung screen), then i tried to reinstall but i couldnt it was showing the message : "patching system unconditionally" and then it froze on the installation. Right now i am on stock 4.4.2 android (i installed via odhin) and then using recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6 tried to install again and the same error message "patching system unconditionally" and then softbricking my device again...Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
I have tried to:
Download the rom form different links.
Format system

tldr: I cant install cm (using cmr) "patching system unconditionally".

Maybe try using the latest CWM 6.0.5.1 or maybe TWRP latest build. Personally i use CWM latest without issues on any ROM i flash. If stock installs ok then your phone should be ok too. Should...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9195xxucoc1 modem for s4 mini lte serranoltexx

Here I leave the modem i9195xxucoc1 to update by odin .
    according to what I've been testing , the battery lasts a little more than previous versions , and coverage is greater where previously there was no sign

View attachment M8AX_I9195XXUCOC1_MODEM_M8AX.tar.zip

Also I leave my widgets created with zooperwidget and tasker to see what you look like

Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-37-44.jpg
    Sorry for ask it here but I don't find a Q&A topic for kernel 2.3.0.

My question is just for curiosity and it is why most Android (include @F4k) developers are using kernel 3.4 instead of newer version as 3.10, 3.12, 3.14, 3.18 or even the 4.0?

Because you've to adapt all related source code of the device to the kernel version that you choose, this is not easy, and it will require a lot of time, and maybe you'll not get any real gain or advantage, I mean, it will not turn your S4 Mini (in this case) on a Nexus 5, so in my opinion, it's not worth to spend a lot of free time trying to do this.
    If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're right.
    Hey guys I'm on the latest build and I can't connect to Samsung kies on Mac it says device not responding, does it have something to do with the custom ROM ? Also Does WiFi direct work can anyone confirm thank u!!

If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    So far we've got:
    • No sound on incoming calls (not 100% reproductible, and pretty random, from my experience)
    • Wifi passwords lost on reboot (didn't have this issue with the previous builds. Now I have it, just like everyone else here.)
    • Chrome FC
    • Carrier Settings FC
    • Location ON icon in status bar, though the actual Location feature is disabled in settings (seems like it gets stuck in there for some reason).
    • Weather information on the status bar doesn't change according to the settings in CLock widget until the next reboot of the device. For example, switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius, will still show the temperature in Fahrenheit (which is the default) until the next reboot.
    • Message templates can't be imported. When going to a new message -> Import Template -> Message Template, the actual Message Template section is not clickable, nor is it displaying any actual templates.
    • Gesture Typing (aka Swype) doesn't work with the built-in AOSP keyboard, though the feature is activated in settings. Nothing happens when you try to swipe your finger across the keyboard to create a certain word. The letters are just randomly selected. A valid workaround is to download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store.

All these were in the previous builds (since 3/12). Just installed the latest build. Will see which of these bugs still occur.

Why doesn't anyone make a list of these things on the first post so that the dev, whoever it is, can have everything in one place?