[Q] S4 mini i9195 bricked

17th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Ok guys, I was an idiot and got a little greedy and opened a thread saying update your s4 mini LTE to an OFFICIAL 4.4.2 kitkat. Without even checking the comments I just downloaded and followed the instructions. It was a 4.2.2 "upgrade" and it didn't work.. Used Odin 3.09. and it showed the error "FAIL! (Ext4)"
Now my phone is stuck in download mode with the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." Well, that would all be nice if I could. Kies doesn't let me connect my phone to it, when I try Emergency recovery it doesn't show it in the list of devices, initialisation is not available for GT-19195 (??) (it's the option where i type in my phone model and serial number).
I can't put the phone itself into recovery mode, pressing volume up, home and power buttons, so that option is also out.
I have no idea what else to do right now, and I would appriciate any help you guys can provide.
What do I do to get my phone working again?!

Thanks in advance.
17th April 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 678

921 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanvs

Ok guys, I was an idiot and got a little greedy and opened a thread saying update your s4 mini LTE to an OFFICIAL 4.4.2 kitkat. Without even checking the comments I just downloaded and followed the instructions. It was a 4.2.2 "upgrade" and it didn't work.. Used Odin 3.09. and it showed the error "FAIL! (Ext4)"
Now my phone is stuck in download mode with the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." Well, that would all be nice if I could. Kies doesn't let me connect my phone to it, when I try Emergency recovery it doesn't show it in the list of devices, initialisation is not available for GT-19195 (??) (it's the option where i type in my phone model and serial number).
I can't put the phone itself into recovery mode, pressing volume up, home and power buttons, so that option is also out.
I have no idea what else to do right now, and I would appriciate any help you guys can provide.
What do I do to get my phone working again?!

Thanks in advance.

So you can get to download mode but odin fails?
What are you trying to flash?
You can also flash a full samsung firmware via odin (you can find it at sammobile.com)
If this doesn't work you can try to flash cwm recovery
Last edited by superkoal; 17th April 2014 at 08:08 PM.
18th April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Merseyside

40 posts
More
I've had this issue myself before and found flashing a cwm recovery via Odin then adb sideload either a custom or stock rom generally fixes the issue.

Hope all work's out for you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
I have managed to find a 4.2.2 stock ROM from ny region, it's for the Telenor network, I am not on it but my carrier is another, although that does not seem to be a problem. Flashed it through Odin, v3.09, and I'm happy to say I'm writing this from my phone!
To answer your question, yes, the only thing i was able to start download mode on my phone, just turning it on, it went straight to that. Also, I had to wipe cache from recovery to stop it from looping the samsung logo and also had to do a factory reset & delete everything once i got past samsung logo loop. It's working as inteded now, and well, I guess a new fresh start is not that bad.

Thanks for your ideas guys.
27th August 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
GT-I9195 bRICKED SAME ISSUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal

You can also flash a full samsung firmware via odin (you can find it at sammobile.com)

Hi i have the same problem. worried the phone is soft bricked. cant do any thing now. What do u mean by "try flash cwm recovery" how sould i do it any links would be helpful...
Please please help me...
Thanks...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopewiz

I've had this issue myself before and found flashing a cwm recovery via Odin then adb sideload either a custom or stock rom generally fixes the issue.

Hope all work's out for you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi how do u do the cwm recovery andadb sideload the custom or stock rom... i am very new to this tech... please guide and help

Thanks & regards
Jeetesh

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanvs

I have managed to find a 4.2.2 stock ROM from ny region, it's for the Telenor network, I am not on it but my carrier is another, although that does not seem to be a problem. Flashed it through Odin, v3.09, and I'm happy to say I'm writing this from my phone!
To answer your question, yes, the only thing i was able to start download mode on my phone, just turning it on, it went straight to that. Also, I had to wipe cache from recovery to stop it from looping the samsung logo and also had to do a factory reset & delete everything once i got past samsung logo loop. It's working as inteded now, and well, I guess a new fresh start is not that bad.

Thanks for your ideas guys.

Hi dude,
please share the link and how to go about it as i am struck with th same issue... tensed & worried please help

Thanks & Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread