Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 mini i9195 bricked

Tip us?
 
iwanvs
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] S4 mini i9195 bricked

Ok guys, I was an idiot and got a little greedy and opened a thread saying update your s4 mini LTE to an OFFICIAL 4.4.2 kitkat. Without even checking the comments I just downloaded and followed the instructions. It was a 4.2.2 "upgrade" and it didn't work.. Used Odin 3.09. and it showed the error "FAIL! (Ext4)"
Now my phone is stuck in download mode with the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." Well, that would all be nice if I could. Kies doesn't let me connect my phone to it, when I try Emergency recovery it doesn't show it in the list of devices, initialisation is not available for GT-19195 (??) (it's the option where i type in my phone model and serial number).
I can't put the phone itself into recovery mode, pressing volume up, home and power buttons, so that option is also out.
I have no idea what else to do right now, and I would appriciate any help you guys can provide.
What do I do to get my phone working again?!

Thanks in advance.
 
superkoal
Old
(Last edited by superkoal; 17th April 2014 at 08:08 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 678
Posts: 912
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanvs View Post
Ok guys, I was an idiot and got a little greedy and opened a thread saying update your s4 mini LTE to an OFFICIAL 4.4.2 kitkat. Without even checking the comments I just downloaded and followed the instructions. It was a 4.2.2 "upgrade" and it didn't work.. Used Odin 3.09. and it showed the error "FAIL! (Ext4)"
Now my phone is stuck in download mode with the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." Well, that would all be nice if I could. Kies doesn't let me connect my phone to it, when I try Emergency recovery it doesn't show it in the list of devices, initialisation is not available for GT-19195 (??) (it's the option where i type in my phone model and serial number).
I can't put the phone itself into recovery mode, pressing volume up, home and power buttons, so that option is also out.
I have no idea what else to do right now, and I would appriciate any help you guys can provide.
What do I do to get my phone working again?!

Thanks in advance.
So you can get to download mode but odin fails?
What are you trying to flash?
You can also flash a full samsung firmware via odin (you can find it at sammobile.com)
If this doesn't work you can try to flash cwm recovery
"Good Night, Android!" Save your battery power for the day - don't lose it in the night! xda Thread
"Vibrate Pattern" Create custom vibrate patterns for phone & sms, contacts, pocket/desk recognition xda Thread
"Don't grill me!" - Disable wifi, data & bluetooth during phone calls xda Thread
Am I Silent? - Check your ringmode in your pocket + shake for silent mode xda-Thread
 
Scopewiz
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 40
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Merseyside
I've had this issue myself before and found flashing a cwm recovery via Odin then adb sideload either a custom or stock rom generally fixes the issue.

Hope all work's out for you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
iwanvs
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
I have managed to find a 4.2.2 stock ROM from ny region, it's for the Telenor network, I am not on it but my carrier is another, although that does not seem to be a problem. Flashed it through Odin, v3.09, and I'm happy to say I'm writing this from my phone!
To answer your question, yes, the only thing i was able to start download mode on my phone, just turning it on, it went straight to that. Also, I had to wipe cache from recovery to stop it from looping the samsung logo and also had to do a factory reset & delete everything once i got past samsung logo loop. It's working as inteded now, and well, I guess a new fresh start is not that bad.

Thanks for your ideas guys.
 
jeeteshks
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default GT-I9195 bRICKED SAME ISSUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal View Post
So you can get to download mode but odin fails?
What are you trying to flash?
You can also flash a full samsung firmware via odin (you can find it at sammobile.com)
If this doesn't work you can try to flash cwm recovery
Hi i have the same problem. worried the phone is soft bricked. cant do any thing now. What do u mean by "try flash cwm recovery" how sould i do it any links would be helpful...
Please please help me...
Thanks...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal View Post
So you can get to download mode but odin fails?
What are you trying to flash?
You can also flash a full samsung firmware via odin (you can find it at sammobile.com)
If this doesn't work you can try to flash cwm recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopewiz View Post
I've had this issue myself before and found flashing a cwm recovery via Odin then adb sideload either a custom or stock rom generally fixes the issue.

Hope all work's out for you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Hi how do u do the cwm recovery andadb sideload the custom or stock rom... i am very new to this tech... please guide and help

Thanks & regards
Jeetesh

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanvs View Post
I have managed to find a 4.2.2 stock ROM from ny region, it's for the Telenor network, I am not on it but my carrier is another, although that does not seem to be a problem. Flashed it through Odin, v3.09, and I'm happy to say I'm writing this from my phone!
To answer your question, yes, the only thing i was able to start download mode on my phone, just turning it on, it went straight to that. Also, I had to wipe cache from recovery to stop it from looping the samsung logo and also had to do a factory reset & delete everything once i got past samsung logo loop. It's working as inteded now, and well, I guess a new fresh start is not that bad.

Thanks for your ideas guys.
Hi dude,
please share the link and how to go about it as i am struck with th same issue... tensed & worried please help

Thanks & Regards
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes