Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S4 Mini from Sprint CDMA to GSM

1st December 2014, 04:36 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I managed to unlock S4 Mini L520 from Sprint using alyatim unlock app because I want to use it GSM outside USA, the issue here is that the phone does not have GSM/UMTS under network modes just CDMA. But after searching I found that the phone has GSM/UMTS bands on it so here's comes my question: can I flash an GSM modem from another GSM S4 mini and will it work? Or will it brick the device?
23rd February 2015, 02:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

88 posts
How do you unlock your phone ? Can you tell me ? My sph l520 can not reach any signal in Viet Nam although samsung sprint unlocker show phone is unlocked.
1st March 2015, 10:06 PM |#3  
Flag Sagnasty, MI
Thanks Meter: 16

180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemp

I managed to unlock S4 Mini L520 from Sprint using alyatim unlock app because I want to use it GSM outside USA, the issue here is that the phone does not have GSM/UMTS under network modes just CDMA. But after searching I found that the phone has GSM/UMTS bands on it so here's comes my question: can I flash an GSM modem from another GSM S4 mini and will it work? Or will it brick the device?

Try using a i257m stock ROM from sammobile with odin, that's is the north American gsm version. If it doesn't work then you could always flash back.
The Following User Says Thank You to civicsr2cool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 02:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemp

Setting is hide but it can be enable. It's not matter. My problem is my phone show no service, no signal although ssu show unlocked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread