Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SHV-E370K modem flash issue

Tip us?

kanonka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] SHV-E370K modem flash issue

Hi All,

I'm having problem flashing modem rom to SHV-E370K (Korean version of I9195).

Originally I tried to flash full KitKat CM11 nightly rom. This went fine, but modem was not updated (baseband version stayed the same - E370KKKUANF1). Then I tried to flash european version I9195XXUCNF7 - no luck. Odin failed with "secure check fail sbl1". Flash with I9195XXUCNE6 gave me same result. Then I tried to update modem only by using flashing "Modem-I9195XXUCNE6.tar" via Odin - again I got secure fail (this time for modem). Finally I flashed back the most current Samsung rom (E370KKKUANF1_E370KKTTANF1_E370KKKUANF1_HOME) and tried flash either of those european modems onto this rom - same secure fail issue.

Now I have no idea if I can update modem at all until Samsung releases KitKat update specifically for this Korean version. From my perspective, it should not be a problem, as model is still I9195, and any rom and modem should be able to go in, right? I don't care if LTE works - all I need is regular calls, that's it.

The reason I want to update modem is constant signal loses - phone connection is up and down multiple times a day. I hoped that new firmware would help with that.

So, is there any way I can flash this phone with latest modem rom?

Thanks in advance for help!

P.S. I'm using this phone in US.

sasank360
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Hi All,

I'm having problem flashing modem rom to SHV-E370K (Korean version of I9195).

Originally I tried to flash full KitKat CM11 nightly rom. This went fine, but modem was not updated (baseband version stayed the same - E370KKKUANF1). Then I tried to flash european version I9195XXUCNF7 - no luck. Odin failed with "secure check fail sbl1". Flash with I9195XXUCNE6 gave me same result. Then I tried to update modem only by using flashing "Modem-I9195XXUCNE6.tar" via Odin - again I got secure fail (this time for modem). Finally I flashed back the most current Samsung rom (E370KKKUANF1_E370KKTTANF1_E370KKKUANF1_HOME) and tried flash either of those european modems onto this rom - same secure fail issue.

Now I have no idea if I can update modem at all until Samsung releases KitKat update specifically for this Korean version. From my perspective, it should not be a problem, as model is still I9195, and any rom and modem should be able to go in, right? I don't care if LTE works - all I need is regular calls, that's it.

The reason I want to update modem is constant signal loses - phone connection is up and down multiple times a day. I hoped that new firmware would help with that.

So, is there any way I can flash this phone with latest modem rom?

Thanks in advance for help!

P.S. I'm using this phone in US.
NEVER FLASH FIRMWARES/ROMs meant for one model number onto another. E370K is NOT A VARIANT OF I9195. It is one of the LTE variants of S4 Mini. I9195 is the international LTE S4 Mini that supports LTE bands in whole of europe, australia, parts of Asia and probably latin America.
SBL1 is a bootloader file and if you fail at that stage chances are you will hard brick the phone.
E370K is not I9195 and only flash ROMs/MODEMs/FIRMWAREs meant for that particular model number. Go to sammobile and download desired kitkat firmware by searching for sgh-e370k and if you want modem then extract non-hlos.bin and repack it as tar.md5 and flash as PDA/AP. GOOD LUCK.
Once again warning you not to flash I9195 modems onto other devices. You will potentially brick your phone.

kanonka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasank360 View Post
NEVER FLASH FIRMWARES/ROMs meant for one model number onto another. E370K is NOT A VARIANT OF I9195. It is one of the LTE variants of S4 Mini. I9195 is the international LTE S4 Mini that supports LTE bands in whole of europe, australia, parts of Asia and probably latin America.
SBL1 is a bootloader file and if you fail at that stage chances are you will hard brick the phone.
E370K is not I9195 and only flash ROMs/MODEMs/FIRMWAREs meant for that particular model number. Go to sammobile and download desired kitkat firmware by searching for sgh-e370k and if you want modem then extract non-hlos.bin and repack it as tar.md5 and flash as PDA/AP. GOOD LUCK.
Once again warning you not to flash I9195 modems onto other devices. You will potentially brick your phone.

Are you sure that E370K is not i9195? It is advertised as such, plus CM11 for i9195 installd on it with no problems. My understanding is that they are not different at all except that E370Khas LTE class 4 instead of class 3. Everything else (mobo etc) is very the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to kanonka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]