[Q] Speed of internal storage

20th August 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
As my phone is really show (at least 5 seconds for image to display after I press the Camera icon), I tried to measure speed of internal storage via AndroBench application. Just download that app from Play and run the Micro test. My result on Random Write test was only about 0.5 MB/s. I guess this is really too low. I tried LagFix Free app to TRIM the partitions but this didn't help. I have stock 4.2.2 with about 6 months of normal usage.
What are your results? Is the low random write speed indication of something?
20th August 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Josť
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marki555

As my phone is really show (at least 5 seconds for image to display after I press the Camera icon), I tried to measure speed of internal storage via AndroBench application. Just download that app from Play and run the Micro test. My result on Random Write test was only about 0.5 MB/s. I guess this is really too low. I tried LagFix Free app to TRIM the partitions but this didn't help. I have stock 4.2.2 with about 6 months of normal usage.
What are your results? Is the low random write speed indication of something?

My phone takes around 1 sec for the camera to work. I did the test you requested and my results are:

sequential read 48.8MB/s
sequential write 3.13MB/s
random read 8.62MB/s
random write 0.23MB/s

Keep in mind I'm using 4.4 kit kat on my phone. So your 0.5MB/s is actually good, might want to compare your other results.
I'm pretty sure the internal storage speed has little to do with your camera app launch.
Try setting the SD card as default storage in the camera app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread