Best Camera For S4 Mini

Search This thread

Polso

Jun 25, 2014
Hi i have on my S4 mini 9195 the CyanogenMod 12.1.
I am looking for the best camera that allows you to take pictures in high resolution and full screen.

Thanks in advance :good:

syednawaz

i really like the stock camera. And bec of it i am coming back to stock rom from cm12.1, i really like cm12.1 Rom. i am sometime go for it but come back to stock rom because of camera. Tried alots of cameras some are mentioned here. Which are good but i kinda of not satisfied with them :(. i wish sometime in future Stock camera come to cm.

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
i really like the stock camera. And bec of it i am coming back to stock rom from cm12.1, i really like cm12.1 Rom. i am sometime go for it but come back to stock rom because of camera. Tried alots of cameras some are mentioned here. Which are good but i kinda of not satisfied with them :(. i wish sometime in future Stock camera come to cm.

Will never happen. As source for this has never been released by Samsung. Has been this way for ALL custom ROMs since ever. The camera is the main reason I keep going back to stock. Focus is horrible on pretty much all custom ROMs. But because of major security flaws in stock OS I'll be switching back to CM.

Chamelleon

May 16, 2010
Kraków, Poland
LG G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Maybe auto focus is terrible but manual is damn good for macros. I used to make macros of smartphone motherboards, mostly after water damage to show clients that they phones wasn't stop working just by themselves. I can tell You on stock pictures from my phone was a lot worse than my coworker iPhone 5 and now they are a lot sharper and brighter than on his iPhone. I never tested outside photos on CM but I think it's only matter to feel manual focus.

Reactions: RuffBuster

davidmlondon

Sep 22, 2014
London
Also using 12.1 on s4 mini, I've tried all cameras but have settled on Snap Camera HDR. Focuses fast and accurately, and doesn't lag. Also works well in lower light.

bobo1704

Nov 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I just came back from CM 12.1 to CM11 in my S4 Mini Duos and switched to snap Camera HDR. Far better than built in CM11 camera app. The only thing I miss is the capturing with on/off button...

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
I've settled on A Better Camera (running on CM12.1) as I like layout etc., admittedly auto focus is not as good as CM app in some lighting conditions but a quick tap on the screen and it will focus perfectly.

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Try the Ucamera application.
It is very good and it has many effects. It s available on play store :)

ADR USR

Dec 3, 2011
It is not so simple. You can not have the same quality stock cam because any cam app is working with generic drivers in CMs or any other ROM CM based . For the same reason , the audio (mostly capture) also will never have the same quality.
It is a price to pay: Camera and audio quality worse.
Some apps can even do a good job, but difficult to achieve equal quality.
Until the other day I used CM13 and even liked, but needed quality to scan a document on an emergency. I had to restore Stock Backup. I lost the desire to again change the ROM and stayed in Stock. Unfortunately it is a reality.
One consolation is to use some Xposed Modules and other tools that make Stock ROM ... Less outdated, I would say.

Last edited:

syednawaz

It is not so simple. You can not have the same quality stock cam because any cam app is working with generic drivers in CMs or any other ROM CM based . For the same reason , the audio (mostly capture) also will never have the same quality.
It is a price to pay: Camera and audio quality worse.
Until the other day I used CM13 and even liked, but needed quality to scan a document on an emergency. I had to restore Stock Backup. I lost the desire to again change the ROM and stayed in Stock. Unfortunately it is a reality.
One consolation is to use some Xposed Modules and other tools that make Stock ROM ... Less outdated, I would say.
very true. most of the time i go back to stock jelly bean. No kitkat update for i9190 :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage 7.1 is the best cam for s4 mini,

Hi i have on my S4 mini 9195 the CyanogenMod 12.1.
    I am looking for the best camera that allows you to take pictures in high resolution and full screen.

Thanks in advance :good:
    is the best cam for s4 mini,
    Try: Focus or Cyanogenmod camera app, they're pretty similar but I prefer CMcamera.
    Maybe auto focus is terrible but manual is damn good for macros. I used to make macros of smartphone motherboards, mostly after water damage to show clients that they phones wasn't stop working just by themselves. I can tell You on stock pictures from my phone was a lot worse than my coworker iPhone 5 and now they are a lot sharper and brighter than on his iPhone. I never tested outside photos on CM but I think it's only matter to feel manual focus.
    how to turn off camera shutter?