Yesterday, 10:43 PM   |  #252  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 203

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuperBlahq

Is there a .tar version of the Mostly stock rom. I just get a boot loops after flashing this with twp. I've left it alone for quite some time now. Or is there a way to flash the .zip with odin?

Make sure you are not on the tri-band variant. I am not sure if this will work or not with that model.
What version of twrp are you using? Make sure you update to the latest, or use the latest version of philz recovery and do a full wipe before flashing. PM me if you can't figure it out and I'll assist you from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004

Alright guys. I've edited the SystemUI's to include the stock 3G and 4G LTE icons. One zip contains the 3minit files and the other does not. Both are S5 themed. All you have to do is flash in recovery. If you're going to use the 3minitBattery version please install the 3minit Battery apk first. I will PM @mxmr and see what he needs from me in order to put together an update.

S5 Themed SystemUI with stock 3G, 4G LTE icons with 3minit mod:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655048365

S5 Themed SystemUI with stock 3G, 4G LTE icons. Without 3minit Battery mod:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655048366

Quote:

Patience is a virtue. OP will let us know when and what he plans on doing with the rom. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

This is awesome, a huge thanks to @nyfl2004 for sharing this with us. It's exceptional and in the spirit of this great xda community - it's members like him who make these forums great so thank his posts. I plan on baking this into Mostly Stock, but don't expect an update until sometime next week - I'm on a project for work out of town and won't be back until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogoflow

I just hope when and If the OP updates, Sprint doesn't throw out 4.4.4 and then it's the waiting game all over again. I just want to find a nice rom with whom I can settle down with and stop flashing around with these other roms. You guys understand, right?

I wouldn't expect 4.4.4 to drop from sprint within the next few weeks. You can at least date one rom for a while until it gets old, but then you'll realize you aren't ready to settle down and you'll flash around with other roms again. Remember don't dirty flash when you do that you gotta clean flash
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mxmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:48 AM   |  #253  
Flag Deerfield Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 653

587 posts
More
Okay guys. here's a zip that includes all the little updates. Included are the following:
Native Call Recording
4 way Reboot
Accuweather2014
SystemUI with Stock 3G and 4G LTE icons
SecMms_Blue
SecMyFiles2
S5 MusicPlayer
S5 Calculator
S5Theme
Installation Instructions:
Please follow these steps exactly and you won't have any fc's..
1) Download zip and place in internal or external storage.
2) Then you'll need to do some tidying up. Open your root browser and delete the following files:
system/app/MusicPlayerWT
system/app/SamSungMusic_10
system/app/SecCalculator_3D
system/app/Sprintvoicemail
system/app/AccuweatherPhone2013
system/app/WeatherWidgetDaemon
system/priv-app/SecMms
system/priv-app/SecNoteMyFiles
3) Boot into recovery, do a backup if you haven't already done so, wipe cache and dalvik cache and then Install zip.
4) Reboot phone and go to Settings/More/Application Manager/All - look for "Media Storage" and Clear Data.
5) Reboot phone and enjoy!
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655049500
The Following User Says Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 03:21 AM   |  #254  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 141

568 posts
More
Quote:

Okay guys. here's a zip that includes all the little updates. Included are the following:
Native Call Recording
4 way Reboot
Accuweather2014
SystemUI with Stock 3G and 4G LTE icons
SecMms_Blue
SecMyFiles2
S5 MusicPlayer
S5 Calculator
S5Theme
Installation Instructions:
Please follow these steps exactly and you won't have any fc's..
1) Download zip and place in internal or external storage.
2) Then you'll need to do some tidying up. Open your root browser and delete the following files:
system/app/MusicPlayerWT
system/app/SamSungMusic_10
system/app/SecCalculator_3D
system/app/Sprintvoicemail
system/app/AccuweatherPhone2013
system/app/WeatherWidgetDaemon
system/priv-app/SecMms
system/priv-app/SecNoteMyFiles
3) Boot into recovery, do a backup if you haven't already done so, wipe cache and dalvik cache and then Install zip.
4) Reboot phone and go to Settings/More/Application Manager/All - look for "Media Storage" and Clear Data.
5) Reboot phone and enjoy!
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655049500

You are the man!! . Thank you so much. This is a solid base rom and with these added goodies it is definitely a daily driver! Thank you guys so much for working together!

P. S. Any chance of maybe getting the s5 email baked into the next update? If not, no biggie. Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Today, 03:26 AM   |  #255  
Flag Deerfield Beach, Fl

587 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis24

You are the man!! . Thank you so much. This is a solid base rom and with these added goodies it is definitely a daily driver! Thank you guys so much for working together!

P. S. Any chance of maybe getting the s5 email baked into the next update? If not, no biggie. Thanks again!

No problem brother. We're all here to help each other. I'll look into the S5 email for you. It shouldn't be a big deal. let me know how the update goes for you. Enjoy
Today, 03:45 AM   |  #256  
Thanks Meter: 461

1,366 posts
Nyfl so this flash should work with any of the roms in the op? Witch one do u prefer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
Today, 03:49 AM   |  #257  
Flag Raleigh

568 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Rise

Nyfl so this flash should work with any of the roms in the op? Witch one do u prefer

Flash it with refitted ng2. I flashed it over mostly stock and it works, but had issues with the notification toggles coming out incorrect.

Today, 03:53 AM   |  #258  
Flag Deerfield Beach, Fl

587 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Rise

I agree with @crevis24. That may be why you were having the overlapping toggles. I built it based on Refitted.

Quote:

Flash it with refitted ng2. I flashed it over mostly stock and it works, but had issues with the notification toggles coming out incorrect.

Thanks for reporting. I hadn't tried it on mostly stock.

Thanks for reporting. I hadn't tried it on mostly stock.
Today, 04:11 AM   |  #259  
Flag Raleigh

568 posts
More
Everything is working great so far after flashing that update. I haven't received a call yet to make sure the new secphone is working right, but everything else is great as usual, bro! . Thanks again for the hard work.

Today, 04:21 AM   |  #260  
Flag Deerfield Beach, Fl

587 posts
More
Quote:

Everything is working great so far after flashing that update. I haven't received a call yet to make sure the new secphone is working right, but everything else is great as usual, bro! . Thanks again for the hard work.

Thanks man. Glad to hear it! I'm still working on the SecGallery2014 and InCallUI still. I hope to have those soon. After that, it's all downhill from there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ng2
Previous Thread Next Thread