Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][NG2] Stock Rooted NG2 | Stock Rooted NG2 Refitted | Mostly Stock NG2 v1.3

25th March 2015, 04:28 AM   |  #431  
Thanks Meter: 41

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Chainefire already rooted the S6 with CF Auto Root.

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience

Rooting is one thing... getting yourself out of soft brick hell is another thing altogether in my experience.... HAHAHA ! I am definitely NOT an early adopter when it comes to rooting $500.00 phones.... LOL :
25th March 2015, 04:41 AM   |  #432  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 32,084

17,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Scream

Rooting is one thing... getting yourself out of soft brick hell is another thing altogether in my experience.... HAHAHA ! I am definitely NOT an early adopter when it comes to rooting $500.00 phones.... LOL :[emoji14]

Well this is what I've got so far

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2015, 05:17 AM   |  #433  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,259

2,294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Well I just got my S4 and rooted it. I would like to use this as a base ROM @mxmr, if you don't mind. Giving you credit of course.

Hey Ryan, great to see you over here!
Going to be leaving the S4 soon myself but have family and friends on it still and I"m sure they'll be using your stuff!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Scream

I have tried 3 separate downloads of the ModemOnly tarball and it simply will not flash with Odin.. I am intimately familiar with how to use Odin and followed the directions on the first page to a T and nothing... I get a fail fairly quickly into the process..... md5 checked and verified on all 3 downloads also so that is not the problem...

For the firmware there are some particular things you have to do to get it to stay flashed.
1st is to power off completely - not use any type of 'rebooting' software. Then power on and enter download mode - power plust down volume then up volume to confirm.
From the OP in the firmware forum:
"NOTE: With MJA/MK2/NAE Firmware, some people report better success with turning Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time unchecked.
Do the same flash, but when you see PASS on Odin, unplug the phone and Hold the Power key for 10 seconds to reboot.

This applies to the NG2 too.
AND sometimes you may have to do this a couple of times.
The Following User Says Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ng2
Previous Thread Next Thread