[ROM] Wicked X v9.1 [L720/L720T][TW][Updated 4/21/15]

Search This thread

Team Scream

Jun 20, 2010
Man, in my excitement with setting up my phone exactly the way I like it, I totally forgot to check to see if wifi worked because I was getting 4G/LTE all day and didn't care about wifi, but now that I am home, I just noticed that the wifi toggles will not stay on and that I have no Wifi.

What could be wrong? I get fantastic LTE connectivity..

Baseband and sofware both show that I have COD2 and the rom is so buttery smooth for me.

One thing I do notice is that the model # now shows up as SPH-L720 . Hardware version is reported as L720T.03

The rom that I downloaded and flashed is named: Wicked-X-v10.6.zip

Any ideas?.

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Man, in my excitement with setting up my phone exactly the way I like it, I totally forgot to check to see if wifi worked because I was getting 4G/LTE all day and didn't care about wifi, but now that I am home, I just noticed that the wifi toggles will not stay on and that I have no Wifi.

What could be wrong? I get fantastic LTE connectivity..

Baseband and sofware both show that I have COD2 and the rom is so buttery smooth for me.

One thing I do notice is that the model # now shows up as SPH-L720 . Hardware version is reported as L720T.03

The rom that I downloaded and flashed is named: Wicked-X-v10.6.zip

Any ideas?.
You didn't flash the L720T Converter. It's right underneath the ROM link. Plus you're in the wrong thread now, this is my KitKat ROM.

SKNur2l.jpg

Reactions: Team Scream

grabb0r

Feb 15, 2015
This is a Kitkat ROM. I am no longer working on it. I just got the files today and I am planning on making a flashable that will hopefully work for every ROM.

SKNur2l.jpg

Oic. Do you have a link to that project or is there not even a thread for it yet? And when you say every ROM am I to assume that includes this one as well even though you're not working on it anymore? Sorry if this is a redundant question... just want to be certain. I value stability and polish over the new hotness and probably won't migrate to lollipop until more of the ROMs are "finalized," which from my experience doesn't happen until a good while into the OS lifecycle. I do appreciate the fact that you're still actively answering questions on this even if you're done developing it.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oic. Do you have a link to that project or is there not even a thread for it yet? And when you say every ROM am I to assume that includes this one as well even though you're not working on it anymore? Sorry if this is a redundant question... just want to be certain. I value stability and polish over the new hotness and probably won't migrate to lollipop until more of the ROMs are "finalized," which from my experience doesn't happen until a good while into the OS lifecycle. I do appreciate the fact that you're still actively answering questions on this even if you're done developing it.

By every I mean ALL ROMS FOR THIS DEVICE *hopefully*. Since the fix has only been released on Lollipop, we'll just have to see.
Lollipop has been out since May, but I don't think I've had it polished until my most recent release. My ROMs aren't finalized until there is a new OS or I move on to a new phone.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3115583

SKNur2l.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Wicked Presents:
    9518d129dce59526bf19ed97f78ee606.jpg

OP Index:
    Post #1- Features/Bugs/Instructions/Thanks/Download
    Post #2- Full Change Log/Screenshots
    Post #3- Extras & Add-Ons
    Post #4- Frequently Asked Questions

Please read through all four posts of the OP before posting in this thread. You will be redirected to the OP if your question is answered here, do yourself a favor and read it.

Please read THIS POST (#238)

Compatible with L720 and L720T Galaxy S4 models only

This is a reincarnation of the ROM I did for the Sprint S3. This is my first ROM for the S4 but I have developed on the EVO, EVO Shift, E4GT (S2), and the S3. This is an inverted stock deodexed ROM (4.4.2 NG2 base) with a bunch of mods to boot. I was gonna wait until this was perfect to release this (what I normally do), but with the announcement of Lollipop coming I figured I might as well release it now. At least it will get some use before everybody switches to LP. Why inverted? The Super AMOLED screen does not use any power to render black... extra battery life, it's easier to theme, better for your eyes, professional, and it just plain looks better.

c786a2b07f60cc54f77e946c6c1e4776.jpg

-What's Themed?
    *Messaging
    *Phone
    *Contacts
    *Job Manager
    *Clock
    *Email
    *Gallery
    *Internet
    *S Planner
    *Calculator
    *Music
    *Keyboard
    *S5 Themed Camera
    -Better compatibility with L720T model
    -KT747 Kernel- thanks @ktoonsez
    *KTweaker App (for kernel control)
    *KT Monitor (for monitoring kernel)
    -Messaging Mods
    *Scheduled Messages
    *Delayed Messages (gives a cancel button with a timer set to your choice of time)
    *Priority Senders
    *Popup Message Notifications (must be turned on)
    *Save & Restore messages
    *Emergency Alerts
    *Signature
    -Hotspot Hack
    -Hotspot Toggle
    -Flashlight Toggle
    -Mobile Data Toggle
    ***Toggles do not appear unless you wipe data on the first flash of this ROM, no dirty flashing from other ROMs***
    -Xposed Proof CSC features (wicked.xml)
    -Native Call Recording (press Menu in call)
    -Voice Call Protection
    -One Hand Mode in Phone
    -Camera Shutter Toggle (in Camera Settings)
    -160 Fonts built in
    -App Ops (in app drawer)
    -Custom Firestorm Lockscreen Effect (in place of Light Effect)
    -The Box by @erikalin- an app to get all mods and updates for this ROM and also links to the XDA thread and Swappa- updated in the Play Store-here
    - @rwilco12 Wallpaper Gallery built into S5 Wallpaper Picker
    -S5 Calendar-now called S Planner in the app drawer
    -Team Blackout Updater- thanks Team Blackout
    -Adaway
    -Removed Samsung and Google bloatware (removed all Google apps that can be downloaded from the Play Store, the system runs better with them in data/app)
    -S5 Launcher with 4x5 grid and 5 dock icons (not including app drawer)
    *S5 Theme Support
    *PullUp Mod-thanks fakejap
    *MyMagazines (can be turned off in Homescreen Settings)
    *S5 Launcher Themes: G3, S6, MIUI, S5 Pro, Lollipop, Xperia, and more
    -Transparent Accuweather
    -Removed Sprint Connection Optimizer (will force close if you click on it)
    -Xposed Framework Installer- thanks rovo86
    *Wanam Xposed, XToast, Network Speed Indicator
    -Xplosion Audio featuring Viper4Android- thanks Zhughang
    -No Creepy Smiling Guys
    -SView Color Changer
    -build.prop tweaks
    *Net
    *Signal
    *Dalvik
    *Media
    *Proximity Sensor
    *RAM
    *GPU
    *Scrolling
    *Responsiveness
    *Battery
    *Quick Power On
    *RIL
    *DNS

Recommended Apps:
    Greenify-here
    ROM Toolbox-here
    Hold Back To Kill-here

cd4afbbefd22e87b000168f96f8a0612.jpg

-Can't set Lockscreen Wallpaper from Launcher, works through Settings/Display/Wallpaper/Lockscreen though
    -Some duplicate settings in Phone app (won't hurt anything)
    -Settings/More Networks/Auto On/Off force closes
    -IP Calling not supported (hardware)

b5b56e7b38e05be6723a8bcca8dfe076.jpg

-Be on the NG2 bootloader (if you are not, go HERE)(L720T users need to be on NG5 or OA3 firmware)
    -Have TWRP Recovery installed (this is the only recovery I will support)- find it HERE
    -Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM
    -Download ROM on a stable internet connection (3G/4G download not recommended, file size is over a GB)
    -Check md5sum of the ROM to ensure it was a good download and place on SD, if the md5sum does not match the one on the download page, delete and download again until it matches. THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you do not have a tool to check the md5sum, use THIS
    -If coming from a Lollipop ROM format Internal SD (yes this is necessary, you will bootloop if you don't)- backup what you want to keep first on your PC.
    -Boot into recovery and go into the Wipe menu. Select Advanced Wipe and format System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache.
    -Install ROM from SD
    -Wait until it's finished flashing (about 5 mins)
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy

e0b85a1003d72a04b54dbd7225e83e61.jpg

- @the_original_teknikl -for helping me develop this ROM into what it is today
    - @fuzzybuffalo -for testing on L720T model
    -Team Wicked- for support and making the best themes for my ROMs
    -All of you... the users and contributors
    -Samsung
    -Google
    -Sprint
    -Ting

Want to donate to development?
    Donate Here

Special Thanks to All
    Wicked X Donators:
    (Post a confirmation # and I'll add you to the list, PM me if I missed you)
    @Advertize
    @mandingo823
    @roirraW "edor" ehT
    @Maybelle
    @EVObastard
    @pharmdeon
    @porkyhontas
    @tclemens
    @JeffATL
    @n00b-xda-disciple
    @notmyepic
    @ElwOOd_CbGp
    @djwell
    @koop1955
    @AlkaliV2
    @madbat99
    @loaderboy
    @fuzzybuffalo
    @Jayhawk One
    @leaderbuilder

Disclaimer: your warranty is void, you are responsible for your own device. If you don't understand something, ask first. By clicking the link, you agree that I am not responsible.

This is my intellectual property (and others mentioned above, which I asked permission), do not post mirrors or download links to MY work anywhere, the download links will only be available here. You can copy the OP and post it on another forum or site (be sure to mention it's my work, not yours) but link to this thread for the download link (and please let me know). Thanks.

edfbb1b0f3c2a74de5fd9584ea67afb7.jpg

Wicked X v9.1

Fully Debloated
    Wicked X Bare Bones

No one likes a leech, please hit the Thanks button before downloading.
    SKNur2l.jpg

XDA: DevDB Information
    Wicked X ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Author: bilgerryan
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: NG2 bootloader (or equivalent Kit Kat bootloader for L720T models)
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v9.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-21
    Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-21
    For those of you that haven't taken part on one of my threads before, this is for you. I want all of you to feel that you can contribute to this ROM. ALL contributions are linked in post #3 with the contributor's screen name so they do not get lost and everyone gets proper credit. I fully support the open source nature of Android, however, there are rules we all have to follow. You are free to use, modify, and share (your modifications/additions, don't redistribute my work) anything that I have posted. The only things I ask are that you give credit where credit is due and if you post something outside this thread (containing any part of this ROM), please let me know and provide a link via PM or some other form of communication (even better, ask first). Don't be afraid to make a contribution no matter how small. My ROMs have always been community driven and I don't plan on changing that. We can make this ROM better together because we share the same goal. Shaming or bashing will not be tolerated (unless you don't read the OP, because then you deserve it) and I'm also friends with most of the moderators on this forum, I will not hesitate to report you for lude, crude, or rude behavior (let's remember this is an all ages, international site). You have a voice here, but I don't want to do all the work... I want you guys to learn and be a part of this too. If you get stuck, ask for help. I will help you if I can or at least point you in the right direction. And try to remember, we were all noobs once. However, being a noob does not excuse you from following the rules (you know the ones you agreed to when you became a member). The biggest one that most don't follow is SEARCH FIRST. It's likely someone else has had your issue, use the search tool... it is pretty accurate, or Google works too.

SKNur2l.jpg
    Full Change Log

v9.0
    Initial Device Release

v9.1
    -Fixed MMS
    -Fixed Preparing Network Notification
    -More Launcher Themes
    -Xplosion Audio (my mix of Sony Xperia and Samsung Touchwiz audio)
    -Wicked X Transition Animations
    -Rethemed Messaging

Screenshots
    49854eb9d2852ab34965df70907b6d27.jpg

0477b393d5062d586e8b93a21adc5504.jpg

6343b74ee567596cad62bee8f62f70c6.jpg

c448ad1e9d9cdbdd38b5ed48bb0bf8f8.jpg

b9fa46260b2e946570b5d24332f13172.jpg

7948a59589d223548a057e064301ed03.jpg

ba317db15bc2d825b904d15ec5fdf21a.jpg

939c9e3d8ac144997d81b1a4746987e8.jpg

f06f20976ca28dea2639271af9cecca3.jpg

bb5b8d0c8d5736ea7e3b0ea5704bd7e3.jpg

efff476cdb4b1ae8b4dbfe85b15f468b.jpg

b9c11bd5f782b4bfbd78a62baa5e9f0b.jpg

8cc9ded1a1508d3f5e402cdc0dae9a08.jpg

25b39c4a54ab5fb9d64581993116abc9.jpg

0fcbcce9136efd1229779256364b735b.jpg

SKNur2l.jpg
    b565dfcd356f4b95a163dce55acc6123.jpg

v9.1 Change Log
    -Fixed MMS
    -Fixed Preparing Network Notification
    -More Launcher Themes
    -Xplosion Audio (my mix of Sony Xperia and Samsung Touchwiz audio)
    -Wicked X Transition Animations
    -Rethemed Messaging

f5db97bda6e4083a4a70c49a68a42d6e.jpg

Wicked X v9.1

Recommended Add-Ons:
    -wicked.xml fix
    -Status Bar Mods

Flash in recovery, wipe cache and Dalvik Cache if updating, follow OP instructions if using the ROM for the first time.

SKNur2l.jpg