NG2 update.zip file

Search This thread

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
For anyone who doesn't wanna wait for the OTA to hit your phone (because some phones might take awhile) just download this file and place it on your EXTERNAL SD CARD and then power off your phone and boot into stock recovery and apply update from external sd card.

You must be on unrooted stock NAE ROM and stock recovery to take the OTA update.

Also if your phones fails to update the baseband then just use Odin to flash the MK2 modem and then reflash the NAE modem and take the OTA again (that worked for me)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1u83mpbu2j18qbp/Update.zip

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Also you might need a computer to place the file on your external sd card because of the "Write to sd card issue" that was introduced in the Kitkat update.

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Idk where to look for it or what its even supposed to look like lol i tried making a call earlier but didnt see anything but i know you have to be in an area that has the hd voice calling

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
I am on phillz advanced recovery.
On NAE software and modem version.
On mf9 bootloader.

I have xposed mode.

Itll probably update you to the KNOX bootloader by doing the OTA.
Easiest way to do the update is to flash the rooted stock NAE ROM that Unknown Force posted, then flash mf9 recovery, go into supersu app and do a full unroot then reboot and follow the OP.

Also you can flash the NAE .tar file with Odin but you will get the KNOX bootloader by doing this, but the OTA will give you the KNOX bootloader anyway.

Last edited:

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Itll probably update you to the KNOX bootloader by doing the OTA.
Easiest way to do the update is to flash the rooted stock NAE ROM that Unknown Force posted, then flash mf9 recovery, go into supersu app and do a full unroot then reboot and follow the OP.

Also you can flash the NAE .tar file with Odin but you will get the KNOX bootloader by doing this, but the OTA will give you the KNOX bootloader anyway.
Ok... I think that I will flash the NAE.tar via odin... Because i have nothing to lose... My device doesn't under any warranty.
So i will take the knox bootloader and then trip it in order to take root.
I will still flash custom recovery and kitkat roms or later.

Reactions: churchey360

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Ok... I think that I will flash the NAE.tar via odin... Because i have nothing to lose... My device doesn't under any warranty.
So i will take the knox bootloader and then trip it in order to take root.
I will still flash custom recovery and kitkat roms or later.

KNOX bootloader isnt all that bad. It only prevents you from downgrading bootloaders which i dont see why anyone would ever need to do that.. and also just shows a yellow and red warning in the upper left hand corner (like the blue warning when booting into recovery) when you boot up your phone when using custom kernels or aosp based ROMs.

Also even tho you cant reset the KNOX count on the bootloader as long as you use triangle away to reset everything else and unroot then you should be good sprint wont ever know you was rooted.

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
If anyone wants to use Hotspot on this update there is an app in the playstore that cost $2.50 that really works (im using it now) just type "wifi tether router" and it will be the first app.
You will need root for it to work tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

pgriffinsc

Dec 20, 2010
Charleston,S.C.
Update worked perfectly for me! Because Im ocd,I took a few extra steps to ensure a clean and problem free install. 1:download update,and move to root of SDext. 2:booted into recovery,and did a (install new rom wipe) in philz newest,then manually wiped system and data again to ensure fully clean. 3: rebooted into download mode using volume down and power,not the option in philz recovery.4 ODINed the stock NAE tar.md5. 5:after 1st boot finishes,and device is ready to setup,power off and boot back into DL mode. 6 ODIN cf autoroot 7:let device boot and handsfree setup complete,and once more before setting up,power off,and boot back into DL mode. 8 ODIN Philz newest jflte recovery,let device reboot,then setup. This might seem lengthy and overly drawn out,but i would rather take these steps now,then run into any potential problems later. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

prguzman1978

Jul 5, 2008
Tiverton, Rhode Island
My build number says KOT49H. L720VPUFNG2 shouldn't it say JDQ39.L720VPUFNG2

Attachments

• 1407532633433.jpg
    1407532633433.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 657

Top Liked Posts