NG5 Update for Tri-Band S4 - OTA zip file

OP Cooljb

27th August 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 36

89 posts
More
http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsu ng_Galaxy_S4/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB65037?INTNAV=SUPV:U G:SamsungGalaxyS4:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionO nYourSamsungGalaxy

Here's the direct google link for the OTA zip file courtesy of krnfrk6663 (krnfrk6663 provided the file via dropbox and I created the google link using the filename from his link):

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip
Last edited by Cooljb; 6th September 2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Added link
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooljb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 83

147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljb

http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...rSamsungGalaxy

If anyone happens to get this please post google link or zip file...

As soon as I get it I will post the Google link

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jshugzda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Memphis, TN

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshugzda

As soon as I get it I will post the Google link

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be much love around here for the tri-band S4. Guess people have moved on to newer phones, or more people have the single band S4.

I haven't seen any indications of this actually being pushed yet. There's nothing on Kies yet either.
1st September 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tucson

147 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be much love around here for the tri-band S4. Guess people have moved on to newer phones, or more people have the single band S4.

I haven't seen any indications of this actually being pushed yet. There's nothing on Kies yet either.

I don't think it will be on kies for awhile. I'm sure someone has gotten the update but they probably don't know about XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to Jshugzda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Memphis, TN

89 posts
More
Quote:

I don't think it will be on kies for awhile. I'm sure someone has gotten the update but they probably don't know about XDA

Yeah I know. Just wishful thinking on my part. I swear I don't think this has actually started rolling out yet. I've scoured the internet and I haven't seen one report of anyone getting it. Nothing on sprint's forums, nothing on androidcentral's forums, nothing here, nothing anywhere. I'm so spoiled by xda posting the links like the same day an update is released. The last update for the single band S4 was posted here almost immediately. Again, no love for the tri-band S4. I may actually have to wait for Sprint/Google/Samsung to push it to my phone...
Last edited by Cooljb; 2nd September 2014 at 09:17 PM.
2nd September 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tucson

147 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I know. Just wishful thinking on my part. I swear I don't think this has actually started rolling out yet. I've scoured the internet and I haven't seen one report of anyone getting it. Nothing on sprint's forums, nothing on androidcentral's forums, nothing here, nothing anywhere. I'm so spoiled by xda posting the links like the same day an update is released. The last update for the single band S4 was posted here almost immediately. Again, no love for the tri-band S4. I may actually have to wait for Sprint/Google/Samsung to push it to my phone...

Yeah I can't find it anywhere also, what side of the country do you live on? I'm on the west coast in Arizona. I also checked sammobile.com they usually have the firmware out fast but still no NG5

2nd September 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Memphis, TN

89 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I can't find it anywhere also, what side of the country do you live on? I'm on the west coast in Arizona. I also checked sammobile.com they usually have the firmware out fast but still no NG5

I'm in Memphis, which is kind of middle of the country, on the Mississippi river. I don't really think location has anything to do with how they roll the updates out. I've always understood it was by random serial number selection. I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds reasonable.
2nd September 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tucson

147 posts
More
Quote:

I'm in Memphis, which is kind of middle of the country, on the Mississippi river. I don't really think location has anything to do with how they roll the updates out. I've always understood it was by random serial number selection. I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds reasonable.

Yeah that sounds right. To bad that guy sextape is gone he could get any build fast even leaked builds

3rd September 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Memphis, TN

89 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah that sounds right. To bad that guy sextape is gone he could get any build fast even leaked builds

Yeah I remember the sextape leaks. I've had the SII, SIII, and both S4s (single and tri-band). So I remember flashing several leaked builds on my SIII particularly. It's painfully obvious that hardly anybody has or cares about the tri-band S4 around here. The single band still seems to get some support, but I guess there just aren't that many people that have the tri-band version. Plus a lot of people have moved on to the S5, which I'm going to do myself soon. I figure this will probably be the last update the S4 gets, and NG2 was probably the last update for the single band as well.
3rd September 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #10  
Flag Tucson

147 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I remember the sextape leaks. I've had the SII, SIII, and both S4s (single and tri-band). So I remember flashing several leaked builds on my SIII particularly. It's painfully obvious that hardly anybody has or cares about the tri-band S4 around here. The single band still seems to get some support, but I guess there just aren't that many people that have the tri-band version. Plus a lot of people have moved on to the S5, which I'm going to do myself soon. I figure this will probably be the last update the S4 gets, and NG2 was probably the last update for the single band as well.

Our phone is only 9 months old google updates there decvies up to 21 months so we will be seeing plenty of updates in the future definitely the new Android L

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread