[ROM] 100% Stock L720T_OD2 - 5.0.1 (Spark Model Only)

Search This thread

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I only posted the file so devs could get their hands on it if they wanted it. I hope I didn't confuse things.
Somebody will post the OTA every time, you didn't do anything wrong. Most people don't know the difference between an OTA and a ROM.

SKNur2l.jpg

piggynuts

Mar 22, 2011
Ty

Thanks billy, it sounds like the other way is a bit complicated, my phone is currently rooted and working perfectly on KK so I dont want to mess anything up. Do you know if someone is working on an Odin pre-rooted tar or if there is a safe method from KK rooted with bootloader on already?

bilgerryan

Thanks billy, it sounds like the other way is a bit complicated, my phone is currently rooted and working perfectly on KK so I dont want to mess anything up. Do you know if someone is working on an Odin pre-rooted tar or if there is a safe method from KK rooted with bootloader on already?
Odin the tar. Root. Done. Same root methods at as KK. I haven't seen a prerooted tar in years.

SKNur2l.jpg

NexusS4gFreak

Sep 13, 2011
Riverdale,GA
HELP Urgently NEEDED!!!! I flashed the rom coming from a kk rom, rom went fine but when I tried to flash modem in recovery it failed and I'm still in download mode but it has a little blue progress after failing to flash

Sunsparc

Jan 3, 2011
I flashed the deodexed version of this ROM via TWRP and added in SuperSU behind it. Upon booting up, I have no root and my wifi isn't working. Rebooted into download mode, ODIN'd the updated modem.bin. Wifi still isn't working. Then I discover that TWRP is gone. ODIN TWRP then flash SuperSU. Boot back up and still no root.

Am I missing something? Everything I'm attempting is saying that it's successful but my wifi is still non-functional and I don't have root.

bilgerryan

I flashed the deodexed version of this ROM via TWRP and added in SuperSU behind it. Upon booting up, I have no root and my wifi isn't working. Rebooted into download mode, ODIN'd the updated modem.bin. Wifi still isn't working. Then I discover that TWRP is gone. ODIN TWRP then flash SuperSU. Boot back up and still no root.

Am I missing something? Everything I'm attempting is saying that it's successful but my wifi is still non-functional and I don't have root.
Check your Baseband in Settings/About Device. Also make sure you don't have the L720 model of this phone. This is for the L720T.

SKNur2l.jpg

Sunsparc

Jan 3, 2011
Check your Baseband in Settings/About Device. Also make sure you don't have the L720 model of this phone. This is for the L720T.

Well this thread says 720T in the title and the OP has "For SPARK variant only", so I'm going to say that isn't the issue.

In any case, I've restored my KK nandroid. I won't be attempting to update any time soon due to the issues I've had, which included my internal storage being wiped for absolutely no reason. Most of my stuff was on the ext SD but I did lose a couple of things I would have rather not.

Sunsparc

Jan 3, 2011
You'd be surprised at how much it happens... A lot of people don't know that there are two different models.

No worries.

After getting OD2 installed, every time I attempted to ODIN the OD2 modem, I would go back into settings to find it still said OA3 for the baseband version. It would also wipe TWRP, which I would then have to re-ODIN to do anything else.

It's very weird, I've never had this much trouble trying to upgrade to a newer ROM. Maybe it's because it's KK to LL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Suggested** FlashFire - Play BETA - PREVIEW (ROM is also compatible with TWRP).
    1. Join the G+ community using the same Google account as you're using for Play on your phone/tablet Here.
    2. Sign up to receive the BETA versions from Play Here.
    - Use the link provided after sign-up to download the app.

**Caution!** The following process is only for the Sprint L720T(Spark) S4 Variant. Use on any other device may result in a hardbrick!

Download:
    - L720T_OD2_Stock_Rooted_ROM

- L720T_OD2_Stock_DeOdexed_ROM

Set your screen timeout setting to 10 mins before beginning!

1. Place the ROM onto your device (use either internal or ext-sdcard).
    2. Open the FlashFire app and "Agree" to the Terms and Conditions.
    3. Press "(+)" twice to bring up the "Actions" menu.
    4. Press "Wipe" and check all options except "Internal storage" then press the checkmark to continue.
    5. Press "(+)" once again and select "Flash Zip or OTA" and locate and select the ROM. Leave "Auto-mount" unchecked under the "Options" menu and press the checkmark to continue.
    6. From the main menu "Tap-Hold-Drag" your "Actions" and place them in the following order:
    - "Wipe"
    - "Flash Zip or OTA"
    7. Uncheck all options under "EverRoot" and use default "Reboot" setting.
    8. Last, press the lightning bolt then "Ok" to begin the flash.

The screen will turn black then display the contents of your system before beginning the flash. FlashFire will pause for about 1 minute while flashing the "system" partition. Once complete your device will reboot and pause on the Samsung splash screen for about 5 - 7 (15 - 20 mins for DeOdexed version) minutes before completely rebooting. Done!

Tip: for blazing fast speed turn off animations from Developer Options and reboot!

Known Issues:
    - Wifi may not function. To resolve the issue...power down (or pull battery) before entering "Download" Mode then Odin flash the modem from Post #2.

Notes:
    1. The ROM's will update your Modem, Non-hlos, Kernel, and System to OD2. Your bootloader and stock recovery will not be updated.
    2. The ROM is also compatible with TWRP (Full wipe recommended)!
    3. To learn more about FlashFire's capabilities see here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60070810&postcount=2

Credits:
    @svadev - for his deodexing tool.
    Edit#1:any hope of a flashable modem no access to comp as of right now.......
    Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Big negatory on flashable modems for the s4 they can't be flashed with recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

after flash this, can I go back or downgrade to a previous rom?

Yes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
    Uploading a deodexed version for testing. Should be up in a few.....

EDIT: deodexed version added to OP.
    It may be due to this ROM using the old bootloader. I will upload an OD2 bootloader .tar if someone is willing to test.
    Got it working. I installed Galaxy Tools 3.15

?

uploadfromtaptalk1432326986542.png