SIM Unlocking/APN Editing/International Data Roaming FYI (And Airave FYI)

OP psychotropic

25th August 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
More
FYI for Sprint Customers (who travel),

As many jet-setting Sprint customers are aware, when traveling overseas, getting data on an overseas network requires editing the Build.prop file to add the "ril.sales_code=LOL" and "ro.csc.sales_code=LOL". Maybe not even many, but I sure had to get my phone to work on Meteor in Ireland before it would allow me to add the APNs.

When you return from your wonderful vacations and get back on the Sprint Network, you may need to go back into your Build.prop file and either delete those two entries or comment them out (e.g. make them #ril.sales_code=LOL and #ro.csc.sales_code=LOL). Otherwise, your ## service codes (e.g. ##72786#, ##3282#, etc...) won't work.

Found this out when I had to call Airave support and they needed me to reprovision my phone. First question when the ## codes were entered and nothing happened was "Is your phone rooted?" My answer was "Of course not!" Bringing us to the next FYI.

Since I actually needed to receive calls from the US, I put my Meteor SIM card in my Motorola Photon 4G. If you have an Airave 2.5 device AND you have ANY need to use an old mobile phone, specifically one you've upgraded from and will likely have your same MSID/MDN in it, make absolutely sure you turn it off or on airplane mode so that it can't connect to your Airave 2.5 device. You'll be able to make and receive calls and receive texts, even use data, but will not be able to send texts. Instead you'll get an Error 34. I had to call Airave support to fix it. (1-866-556-7310 for those who need it, may get a busy signal initially, just call back, someone gets right on the line) They had to change my MSID and make me do a reprovision via ##72786#.

You guys may or may not have any of these issues and it may only relate to me, but wanted to put this little warning buoy in the water for everyone else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread