Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can get 3G but no LTE in LTE coverage area L720

Tip us?

theshonen8899
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Can get 3G but no LTE in LTE coverage area L720

Alright, I've tried searching the forum but with over 100 pages I've given up. I have a Galaxy S4 L720 (non-triband) that I've activated with Freedompop and am getting 3g data with. Freedompop has LTE and I'm in Irvine, CA which has a strong LTE according to the Sprint map (as well as Spark). From my understanding, there are no outages in my area. I cannot for the life of my get LTE on my phone. Here's what I've tried.

1. Updated Profile and PRL.
2. Factory reset.
3. Factory reset from dialer code ##786#
4. Using dialer code ##56# to change settings to LTE only mode. With this I get no signal at all.
5. Removing the proxy by changing settings to 0.0.0.0 and port 0.
6. Removing the battery and sim card.

I did flash the official Cyanogenmod before activation but I went back to stock before I activated on Freedompop. I bought the phone used with a clean ESN. At this point I'm probably going to give up and return the phone. If there's something I haven't tried yet please let me know.

1monday
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Have you figured out the solution to your problem?

droidtom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshonen8899 View Post
Alright, I've tried searching the forum but with over 100 pages I've given up. I have a Galaxy S4 L720 (non-triband) that I've activated with Freedompop and am getting 3g data with. Freedompop has LTE and I'm in Irvine, CA which has a strong LTE according to the Sprint map (as well as Spark). From my understanding, there are no outages in my area. I cannot for the life of my get LTE on my phone. Here's what I've tried.

1. Updated Profile and PRL.
2. Factory reset.
3. Factory reset from dialer code ##786#
4. Using dialer code ##56# to change settings to LTE only mode. With this I get no signal at all.
5. Removing the proxy by changing settings to 0.0.0.0 and port 0.
6. Removing the battery and sim card.

I did flash the official Cyanogenmod before activation but I went back to stock before I activated on Freedompop. I bought the phone used with a clean ESN. At this point I'm probably going to give up and return the phone. If there's something I haven't tried yet please let me know.
Check in mobile networks in the settings and see if your preferred network mode is set to CDMA/LTE/EVDO
The Following User Says Thank You to droidtom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]