Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] After 4.4/NAE update, only EDGE is working... 3G crashes on GSM

Tip us?

chemical25
Old
(Last edited by chemical25; 8th July 2014 at 01:20 AM.) Reason: Typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] After 4.4/NAE update, only EDGE is working... 3G crashes on GSM

Background:
- Sprint L720
- International unlocked with GSM SIM

After updating to a new 4.4 ROM (Slimkat) and NAE (modem only from the modem thread), connecting to anything other than EDGE causes, what seems to be, a modem crash. If I force "GSM only"/2G connection, it's stable with EDGE. If I try to connect to 3G, I see "3G" quickly flash on the status bar next to the signal indicator (I have full service), and then the whole mobile connecting drops and resets... then it goes back to having full service, but no data connection at all - until I got to mobile settings and set it back to "2G" and it goes back to stable EDGE.

I am overseas with the phone (it's fully unlocked and I got a strong H+ connection with the old CM ROMs at the same location), so I am wondering if it's an issue with the new 4.4 ROMs not supporting GSM? Perhaps some sort of baseband/modem mismatch? I also flashed NAE (modem only) as well when I did the ROM - I have since downgraded, but perhaps it isn't fully downgrading?

I applied the MF9 full one-click, no joy ... I did a factory wipe and applied the 4.2 factory image from SamMobile, no joy...

Looking at the logcat, I see something along the lines of an error for 'Mobile network type unknown: 0'...

Any help would be greatly appreciated - only having EDGE is driving me nuts, especially when my actual mobile network here is very fast..

Let me know of any information I need to provide - Thanks

chemical25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, update - I applied the MK2 modem and then NAE, as I saw someone else do because they said that the NAE file is missing some things... no joy

This all seems to have happened after applying the NAE modem-only file - Does SlimKat not support GSM? I don't think it's SlimKat, because, even going back to the fresh "Factory default" flash that I got some SamMobile, I still had the same issue..

Which leads me to what I think the problem is - the Qualcomm settings. Those seem to be persistent across all ROM restores, so how do I go about resetting the QUALCOMM settings to default? Is there something I can do with EFS Professional/CDMA Toolbox or something?
Tags
edge connection issues., l720