Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Baseband, meid, min, prl, phone#, imea, iccid ***unknown*** !!!

Tip us?

r0ckstar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Baseband, meid, min, prl, phone#, imea, iccid ***unknown*** !!!

Uh oh...
After cm11 nightly july1, NO SERVICE!
I assumed this would be modem related stuff, so I reflashed the NAE modem - nothing. I flashed back to cm10.2 - nothing. I flashed back to original full MDC stock rom - still nothing. It just get's stuck on "preparing network" forever. There are rumblings here & there that clockwork recovery (6.0.4.7 touch in this case) is corrupting the efs partition, which may or may not be the cause of this problem. In any case, I can't seem to locate an efs jflte Sprint image to restore from to test this theory because it's not included in flashable roms, and I wasn't even aware that it existed until now. If I can't get this fixed somehow, my "phone" will now be a very expensive wifi screen. Any insight into this issue is mucho grande appreciated as this is a showstopper for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to r0ckstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Parkourkid93
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Not sure what could be causing your issue, I didn't how ever have that problem before tho, what I did was flash a stock ROM & their should be a dailer code used to reset your data (which I forgot, so look around for it, it has been mentioned on a lot of threads, sorry about that), then after dialing the code, your phone should reboot & it should be good, if not try reflashing the correct radio/modem for your android version.

Another thing, you posted this in the wrong section, their is a Q&A section for things like this.

×Rebel Nation×
♦Click the Thank Button if i helped♦
The Following User Says Thank You to Parkourkid93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jam97
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar View Post
Uh oh...
After cm11 nightly july1, NO SERVICE!
I assumed this would be modem related stuff, so I reflashed the NAE modem - nothing. I flashed back to cm10.2 - nothing. I flashed back to original full MDC stock rom - still nothing. It just get's stuck on "preparing network" forever. There are rumblings here & there that clockwork recovery (6.0.4.7 touch in this case) is corrupting the efs partition, which may or may not be the cause of this problem. In any case, I can't seem to locate an efs jflte Sprint image to restore from to test this theory because it's not included in flashable roms, and I wasn't even aware that it existed until now. If I can't get this fixed somehow, my "phone" will now be a very expensive wifi screen. Any insight into this issue is mucho grande appreciated as this is a showstopper for me.
Try this:
In cm10.2 find cdma subsciption and change between NV and RUIM.
Or use cdma workshop to change it.

r0ckstar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam97 View Post
Try this:
In cm10.2 find cdma subsciption and change between NV and RUIM.
Or use cdma workshop to change it.
Well, That probably would have worked yesterday. But sadly, I have managed to brick the phone. I became impatient, tired, and careless after effing with this thing for over 24 hours straight. I think I missed one of the boot images when I was trying to flash back to stock NAE. Now it doesn't even turn on. Let's observe a moment of silence for my $500 brick...

r0ckstar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkourkid93 View Post
Not sure what could be causing your issue, I didn't how ever have that problem before tho, what I did was flash a stock ROM & their should be a dailer code used to reset your data (which I forgot, so look around for it, it has been mentioned on a lot of threads, sorry about that), then after dialing the code, your phone should reboot & it should be good, if not try reflashing the correct radio/modem for your android version.

Another thing, you posted this in the wrong section, their is a Q&A section for things like this.

×Rebel Nation×
Yeah, I found the dialer code, but anything I put in just gave me a network unavailable, try later message. Here's what I think happened after thinking about it:
I tried to copy a file to the sdcard with windows7. After that, my sdcard became corrupted and unusable. I think this is also when I permanently lost service. The phone is bricked now, so It's to late for me, but I think this is something to watch out for.

elfeo0
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Yeah, I found the dialer code, but anything I put in just gave me a network unavailable, try later message. Here's what I think happened after thinking about it:
I tried to copy a file to the sdcard with windows7. After that, my sdcard became corrupted and unusable. I think this is also when I permanently lost service. The phone is bricked now, so It's to late for me, but I think this is something to watch out for.
Can you get it to download mode? You should be able to Odin it back to stock. This phone is very resilient to get it bricked.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

r0ckstar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeo0 View Post
Can you get it to download mode? You should be able to Odin it back to stock. This phone is very resilient to get it bricked.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
Nope. Boot is gone, recovery is gone, and yes, download mode is gone. It was resilient, but it's met it's match.

Parkourkid93
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
super late reply, i apologize, but damn :/, thats pretty depressing, i remember when i bricked my first phone, bricked it the first day i got it -.-, hopefully you can somehow either get it replaces or repaired

r0ckstar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkourkid93 View Post
super late reply, i apologize, but damn :/, thats pretty depressing, i remember when i bricked my first phone, bricked it the first day i got it -.-, hopefully you can somehow either get it replaces or repaired
Sprint cut me some slack on a swap out unit, but now of course I'm stuck with knox. I suppose it could have been worse. I'm not going anywhere near any more nightlies. There are some JTAG flash boxes that could have unbricked the phone, but those are just not in my budget at the moment. I haven't killed enough phones to justify that expense.

Parkourkid93
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
Sprint cut me some slack on a swap out unit, but now of course I'm stuck with knox. I suppose it could have been worse. I'm not going anywhere near any more nightlies. There are some JTAG flash boxes that could have unbricked the phone, but those are just not in my budget at the moment. I haven't killed enough phones to justify that expense.
The same thing happen to me, ended up with the Knox, even tho in told the sprint guy to not update it for me, but its alright, good think you got to swap tho & I agree, I've been planning on buying one but didn't feel like paying