[Q] Best way to flash NAE tar

OP slixzen

18th August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

335 posts
A while back, I flashed the NAE tar, and then rooted it via the towelroot method. I was wanting to make sure the phone was in a stable condition because I was going to be going over seas for about 6 to 7 months. So, I unrooted the phone, brought it into the Sprint store, and had them run their tests. She asked me if it was alright if she could "flash the firmware" which I personally think she just wiped the device (because I found cerberus and BetterBatteryStats still on the phone). Now I am ending up with a lot of force closes on applications (some which never happened before the NAE update, mainly applications like WatchESPN, NBC Sports Live, games, etc)

I have come across issues several times, where I flash a firmware tar (usually a rooted no restore version) and I have several applications on the phone still seem to be installed (in this case, applications that were converted to system apps), or file modifications on the phone are still present (either they aren't deleted, or there is still an issue with them).

What is the best way to start this phone from scratch while maintaining root.

I am not entirely too concerned about the Knox issue now that I have NAE, but, I don't exactly want to have it show up if I do run into issues. I know there is no way around that.

My biggest dev question however, is will towelroot cause any prominent force closings, or does it just appear to be a personal device issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s4, root, sprint, towelroot, wipe
Previous Thread Next Thread