Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked encrypted S4!?!?

OP sether52

25th August 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
My 2 year old pushed the wrong pin 5 times and locked up my encrypted S4. Now when it asks for pin after restart and I put in the right one, it says it's wrong. I tried to Odin a fresh mk2 stock rom, but I kept getting errors. Write being enabled might be the problem, but, I don't know. Thanks!
25th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brooklyn,Ny..
Thanks Meter: 278

507 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sether52

My 2 year old pushed the wrong pin 5 times and locked up my encrypted S4. Now when it asks for pin after restart and I put in the right one, it says it's wrong. I tried to Odin a fresh mk2 stock rom, but I kept getting errors. Write being enabled might be the problem, but, I don't know. Thanks!

Hate to say it but I think trying a factory reset might be your best best. Good luck..
25th August 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST

Hate to say it but I think trying a factory reset might be your best best. Good luck..

Wish I could. I keep getting the "restart kies" screen. The one time I was able to get into recovery mode and tried a factory reset/wipe, cache wipe I thought I was successful. When it booted up I thought I was golden and then realized my wifi wasn't working and neither was bluetooth. So, I went back into ODIN download mode and tried to flash the MK2 at that point and it failed and failed and failed. Any suggestions on factory resetting it?
28th August 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tustin, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

187 posts
I used to have my S4 encrypted but I don't anymore because I have heard it creates issues. I don't have a suggestion outside what you have tried, when you are flashing a new ROM, there should not be any issues once it has been completely wiped. Another option is to wipe and try flashing a custom ROM instead. Good luck let us know what happens.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread