Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked encrypted S4!?!?

Tip us?

sether52
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked encrypted S4!?!?

My 2 year old pushed the wrong pin 5 times and locked up my encrypted S4. Now when it asks for pin after restart and I put in the right one, it says it's wrong. I tried to Odin a fresh mk2 stock rom, but I kept getting errors. Write being enabled might be the problem, but, I don't know. Thanks!

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sether52 View Post
My 2 year old pushed the wrong pin 5 times and locked up my encrypted S4. Now when it asks for pin after restart and I put in the right one, it says it's wrong. I tried to Odin a fresh mk2 stock rom, but I kept getting errors. Write being enabled might be the problem, but, I don't know. Thanks!
Hate to say it but I think trying a factory reset might be your best best. Good luck..

sether52
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
Hate to say it but I think trying a factory reset might be your best best. Good luck..
Wish I could. I keep getting the "restart kies" screen. The one time I was able to get into recovery mode and tried a factory reset/wipe, cache wipe I thought I was successful. When it booted up I thought I was golden and then realized my wifi wasn't working and neither was bluetooth. So, I went back into ODIN download mode and tried to flash the MK2 at that point and it failed and failed and failed. Any suggestions on factory resetting it?

mikeprius
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I used to have my S4 encrypted but I don't anymore because I have heard it creates issues. I don't have a suggestion outside what you have tried, when you are flashing a new ROM, there should not be any issues once it has been completely wiped. Another option is to wipe and try flashing a custom ROM instead. Good luck let us know what happens.